Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Asif and I am based in London, UK - great to meet you all!

So I am on the verge of buying either a new Diavel Dark or a 12 month old Diavel Carbon Black.

Really not sure which way I will lean (excuse the pun) - so any advice/opinions etc would be most welcome. Otherwise will be back with the outcome within 24 hours as its decision day tomorrow!

Looking forward to lots of future chats and trades of ideas.

Speak soon

Asif

· Registered
1,353 Posts
hello and welcome!

I have the Carbon Black and have seen the Dark up close; the Dark is nice, but I wouldn't choose it over a carbon... simply because I really prefer the rims on the carbons and I find it silly that Duc opted to blacken (if that's even a word) the silencers/mufflers but not the entire exhaust line (if you install a slip-on or a full Termi, the black mufflers are gone anyway... so I'd only take a black if I wanted to keep the stock exhaust).

If I had to start from scratch, I'd take a red carbon... as initially I hated the look of the frame, but it has grown on my and now I quite fancy the red frame....

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thanks for your responses - most helpful....so in the end I bought a new Dark. I went for the new one instead of the 2nd hand Black Carbon as I have never owned a Ducati before (previous bike was a Fireblade) and actually want the experience of buying a new Ducati and enjoying that amazing handover feeling!

I have also taken it completely stock as for once I want to modify things slowly and in line with what I need rather than getting everything upfront.

So please guide me to find more information on here. I explored some pages last night and have more than trebled my Diavel knowledge already!

The Ducati factory has closed and luckily my dealer anticipated this and ordered the very last Dark in stock so its gets here in two weeks but I can't ride it until September 1 as it will be on a new '63' plate.....CANT WAIT

Pictures to follow....

Thanks again all

· Registered
1,353 Posts
tbh, I'm not sure what the wisest thing to do is:
1. ride it stock and slowly decide which parts you want to add/change, then buy them as you go OR
2. order some parts together with the bike and negotiate a nice discount on the parts and free installation...

e.g. if you know already that you'd like a gps (Garmin satnav), I'd say order it immediately and get some discount; if you're not sure about noise level of the pipes, perhaps wait with exhaust system modding.... same for cheap cosmetic things (like the frame plugs) or windscreens

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roaring Eagle - have decided to go with option 1 as want to modify as I go along and compare things like exhaust systems once heard on other people's bikes!

Will cost me more in the long run but looking forward to wasting hours/days/weeks doing my research.....

All I have ordered so far is a screen, tank pad and paddock stands - all Ducati. Now its just the waiting game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.