Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
A question please - Is the GT seat longer than the Stock Diavel Seat ?
No, the GT seat is same size length wise as the stock. I just put one on. It's a little more "cushy" and as such sticks up mildly higher.

With regards to the rear blinkers, I got flush mounted LED blinkers and swapped over to those on the tail. Not as cool as the original Diavel, but WAY better than the Strada conversion ones from Ducat which are FUGLY!!!!! (Not sure what Ducati was thnking.) Bikes in shop and I'm laid up with broken foot, but I'll try to post a pic when I get a few minutes.

·
Mezei
1,527 Posts
No, the GT seat is same size length wise as the stock. I just put one on. It's a little more "cushy" and as such sticks up mildly higher.

With regards to the rear blinkers, I got flush mounted LED blinkers and swapped over to those on the tail. Not as cool as the original Diavel, but WAY better than the Strada conversion ones from Ducat which are FUGLY!!!!! (Not sure what Ducati was thnking.) Bikes in shop and I'm laid up with broken foot, but I'll try to post a pic when I get a few minutes.
Can we get a picture of those flush mounted blinkers?

Reactions: Marky Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, so the foots healed. Bikes back, and now it's raining. . . darn it! Anyway, here's some (poor) pictures of the blinkers. I like how they turned out. I was going to go smoked so the blend in, but figured they actually matched the front this way.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:2130]

They're LED blinkers cost me like $30 from Cycle Gear. I also added in the capacitors (got them from the Ducati dealer) which cost another like $18. They did two things: Got the blinkers to blink normal and did the plug conversion, so the whole thing is literally "plug n play".

A word of warning, it did require a flash of my computer at the dealer. They had major problems with this and finally ended up (thankfully under warranty) replacing the whole computer. . . . Part of the reason it was in the shop so long.

Anyway, would be interested in what ya'll think of the flush mounted blinkers. I don't mind the strada tail. . . but am not crazy about the backrest. . . but the GF requires it :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi there!
Not sure what's canbus setting but there's no need for a dealer to do anything. You will get the instruction booklet (or a bunch of loose pages in like 10 different languages more like) together with the kit. Fairly easy to follow the instructions but it takes a while to put all the little pieces together. Once everything is assembled the whole thing comes off really quick as one piece, when you want to switch back to stock.
The lights are just 2 plugins, the left plug is for the signal and a break light and the right plug is for the signal only. You could see the plugs and wires on my last posted picture.
Are you saying here that you switch back to the standard configuration often? I was under the impression the rear turn signals made it difficult to do so easily.

I'd appreciate any help, as I've had the grab rail, backrest and a couple of Rizoma LED turn signals since last year, but haven't installed anything due to the fact I hate changing the look of the rear, i.e., the lights.

Also, I don't ride with pillion nearly as often as I thought I would (but that's a whole different story)

If it's a 15 minute swap, I'll go for it, but I guess I'm not seeing how that's done. I appreciate any assistance.
Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey there!
I mentioned this in another topic, but here it is again.
Once you put it all together, which takes a while, it's fairly easy to take a wholw assembly out.
To switch it back to stock, you'd need to remove the seat, remove the plastic cover under the seat (6 screws), loosen the 4 screws (not remove) holding the locking mechanism for the stock grab handle, remove the 2 screws on the bottom front of the grabrail, unplug the light writes and take a whole assembly out. You'll need to pull up on that big button that releases the stock grabhandle.
Now you can shove the stock grabhandle back in, reinstall the lights (one screw for each light), plug thenm in and install back the black plastic cover under the seat.

Please note that my bike has the Euro lights and there was no need for me to take the bike to the dealer to reflash anything. If you're in US, your lights are different and one the dealer reflashes the computer to make the strata lights work, your stock lights won't work right or at all once you switch back to stock.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank you for the very timely reply. I did do a bit of further searching, and found other posts on this subject. I am in the U.S., so it appears that I'm out of luck with my "Transformer" imitation!

Guess the WTS classified section is my next stop for anyone planning to add the grabrail and/or backrest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry to hear you made this decision, the strata setup is really useful for touring. I just returned from a 3 days 1000km trip and I've been carrying a small backpack. Thought I would be OK with a small and light backpack but at the end of the 1st day I wished I had installed my panniers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there!
I mentioned this in another topic, but here it is again.
Once you put it all together, which takes a while, it's fairly easy to take a wholw assembly out.
To switch it back to stock, you'd need to remove the seat, remove the plastic cover under the seat (6 screws), loosen the 4 screws (not remove) holding the locking mechanism for the stock grab handle, remove the 2 screws on the bottom front of the grabrail, unplug the light writes and take a whole assembly out. You'll need to pull up on that big button that releases the stock grabhandle.
Now you can shove the stock grabhandle back in, reinstall the lights (one screw for each light), plug thenm in and install back the black plastic cover under the seat.

Please note that my bike has the Euro lights and there was no need for me to take the bike to the dealer to reflash anything. If you're in US, your lights are different and one the dealer reflashes the computer to make the strata lights work, your stock lights won't work right or at all once you switch back to stock.
Hi I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you have any instructions or photos of the screws etc that I need to remove to get access to the rear indicator connector, as I have broken one of the storks...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts