Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of the grab rail installed without the panniers. I'm wondering how it looks. Alternatively how big a job is it to install and uninstall? I also wouldn't mind seeing some with the grab rail and rear luggage rack installed without the panniers too. I can find the odd promotional image but would like to see some real world pictures.

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's not our bike, it was someone else's when I was at the dealership. It's the first time I saw a luggage rack in person and I was very disappointed. I took a picture as a reminder plus if anyone wanted to see it up close.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Cheers guys all really useful. You even guessed my next question which was how long to fit. Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I don't seem to be getting email notifications. Looks enough for a tent and sleeping mat which is all I'd want on it. Do they give a max weight for the rack?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes there's MAX weight stamped on it (I think), it's not a whole lot, don't remember exactly how much, but more than enough for what I used it for.
There's nowhere to strap a tent anywhere else on this bike, as well as light but bulky things.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah 5 lbs is about 2 kg - doesn't make much sense. Must be 5 kg then which is 11 lbs. But surely can't be more than that as the 4 mounting screws are pretty tiny to carry much more.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi Shurup
Thanks for the pics, after fitting do you have to get a dealer to plug in and adjust canbus settings, or are the grab rail brake light and turn indicators just plug and play?

Cheers Yoda

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi there!
Not sure what's canbus setting but there's no need for a dealer to do anything. You will get the instruction booklet (or a bunch of loose pages in like 10 different languages more like) together with the kit. Fairly easy to follow the instructions but it takes a while to put all the little pieces together. Once everything is assembled the whole thing comes off really quick as one piece, when you want to switch back to stock.
The lights are just 2 plugins, the left plug is for the signal and a break light and the right plug is for the signal only. You could see the plugs and wires on my last posted picture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whats depressing is that one has to sacrifice the stock rear blinkers which are very cool , for the stick out blinkers which are not so cool if one wants the luggage racks and the rear back rest seat for the pillion (which is very very needed )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts