Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi guys i too have the C-Bow and street bags but find them a little on the snaller side. I have won a bid on a pair of Shad SH43 panniers on Ebay and intend swapping over the C-Bow brackets from my street bags, and hanging the Shad panniers directly onto the C-Bow mounts. Others have done similar and at 128 English pounds for the as new set it is worth a go!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi guys i too have the C-Bow and street bags but find them a little on the snaller side. I have won a bid on a pair of Shad SH43 panniers on Ebay and intend swapping over the C-Bow brackets from my street bags, and hanging the Shad panniers directly onto the C-Bow mounts. Others have done similar and at 128 English pounds for the as new set it is worth a go!!
Why not just get an extra pair of brackets for the Shad bags? Then you will have the option of using whichever bag suits your next adventure.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Why not just get an extra pair of brackets for the Shad bags? Then you will have the option of using whichever bag suits your next adventure.
If they made them for the Xdiavel then yes I would have them but they don't
I bought a set of brackets for my old Diavel but as yet they do not manufacture any for the Xdiavel

·
Registered
880 Posts
I got tired of waiting for Ducati to create something for me to tour with. Bought aftermarket side panniers and fitted them to the HB C-Bow mounting brackets. Fits a full size helmet or all of my stuff for a week long trip. Also has the added benefit of functioning tail lights. I have it set up so they come off in about 30 secs.
I too am mounting some other panniers on to my c-bow carriers. Did you simply purchase some more of the c-bow plastic carriers and drill/ bolt them onto the new panniers?

·
Registered
392 Posts
If they made them for the Xdiavel then yes I would have them but they don't
I bought a set of brackets for my old Diavel but as yet they do not manufacture any for the Xdiavel
No I mean an extra set of C Bow brackets, they sell them separately. Mount the new brackets on the Shad bags instead of taking them of the street bags. Then you can easily use which ever bag you want with the C Box mounting hardware that is already on your bike.

·
Registered
880 Posts
No I mean an extra set of C Bow brackets, they sell them separately. Mount the new brackets on the Shad bags instead of taking them of the street bags. Then you can easily use which ever bag you want with the C Box mounting hardware that is already on your bike.
Yes i was already going to be doing that thanks. sorry for the mis understanding.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep, great idea. Flip back and forth with the street bags as your overnighter bags and the Shad for Touring. Remembering what someone else posted; The C Bow brackets have a weight limit and you have to be careful not to overstuff large panniers.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The Royster 22 liter c-bow bags are rated at 5 kg but that is the bag. I don’t seem to be able to find a rating for the brackets and doubt that I ever will. They do a heavier leather bag called the Buffalo Big in a 35 litre capacity which to start with weighs 3.5kg so I’m not going to worry too much. The Shad 43 panniers only weigh 2.2kg empty and if I don’t stuff them then I should be fine. Someone else in this forum has done something similar with some panniers and looks good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the pics Majestic. Nice looking! Similar to my setup; C Bow with the Rugged bags. I like that Givi tail bag. Almost looks like it was made just for the Xdiavel. I have one as well but won't be using it as it won't work with my custom seat. You only washed once during your trip? Lol.
Haha... Yeah, that sounds bad without mentioning "clothes". The Givi is perfect for day rides, left the side panniers and back pack in the hotel room. ????

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Royster 22 liter c-bow bags are rated at 5 kg but that is the bag. I don't seem to be able to find a rating for the brackets and doubt that I ever will. They do a heavier leather bag called the Buffalo Big in a 35 litre capacity which to start with weighs 3.5kg so I'm not going to worry too much. The Shad 43 panniers only weigh 2.2kg empty and if I don't stuff them then I should be fine. Someone else in this forum has done something similar with some panniers and looks good.
Hi Dandeano, The Shad panniers were my first preference, but settled for the Hepco set up, partly due to them having the XDiavel mounting kit. Keen to hear how hard/easy it is to install the C-Bow system to the Shad Panniers, as would prefer just a little more room for the longer tours... ????

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
I got tired of waiting for Ducati to create something for me to tour with. Bought aftermarket side panniers and fitted them to the HB C-Bow mounting brackets. Fits a full size helmet or all of my stuff for a week long trip. Also has the added benefit of functioning tail lights. I have it set up so they come off in about 30 secs.
Tried my Shad bags but got a lot of flex in the brackets with the bags mounted. My bags weigh 4.5kg each. Did you get the same issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
there is some flex in the brackets with the mutazu bags, mostly when the bike is stationary. Not enough that it worries or bothers me. I've had plenty of weight in each pannier without any concerns. I have thought about using some straps similar to those in the pictures above though. But I've asked riders behind me if they notice any significant flexing and they've all said no.

·
Registered
880 Posts
there is some flex in the brackets with the mutazu bags, mostly when the bike is stationary. Not enough that it worries or bothers me. I've had plenty of weight in each pannier without any concerns. I have thought about using some straps similar to those in the pictures above though. But I've asked riders behind me if they notice any significant flexing and they've all said no.
Do you know the pannier model numbers so that I can find out the weight. Cause if it works for you then I should be ok. Its just that my Shad panniers weigh nearly 10 pounds even empty!
Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi DK_2016,

Have you thought to market your bracket? I have waited for over a year to find a proper, high quality bracket, but it looks like neither SHAD nor Givi want to make mounting brackets to its panniers. Yours is the most robust and best looking.
Thanks Frank

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi DK_2016,

Have you thought to market your bracket? I have waited for over a year to find a proper, high quality bracket, but it looks like neither SHAD nor Givi want to make mounting brackets to its panniers. Yours is the most robust and best looking.
Thanks Frank
I am hoping so too. I even tried a private message to him and gotten no reply. I would also like a more heavier and roomier bag, like the Shad's he mounted.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I’m really happy with my Hepco Becker Rugged Bags and C Bow mounting hardware. However, I don’t want the bags on all the time and I don’t like the looks of the C Bow hardware without the bags. So...... I now just remove the hardware as a whole, footpegs included. Takes about 15 or 20 minutes to put on or off. Just 6 bolts. You could leave the footpegs on if you want but for me they are just added weight since they will never be used.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the C-Bow Brown Leather bags on my 2016 XDiavel S. I love them... They took me on 3 n 4 day rides with my group here in UT. They lock to the bike and pull off in seconds. See pic from Valley of Fire I left them in hotel room for a day ride....

http://lh3.googleuse...QY=w330-h440-rw

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1tily9xwEklVUkFpDx9UUcEPUdEBGpDB-CAWEoWfsPC0kry7zgggtE4JouY6evAM8R1BNOWMO30wSJn-IBw=w330-h440-rw

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bnOiMCccBI_eYAbqT7vVfC2ebrtvON-Fyp4mb3WXGej5y7OxZCLaLnc9haYZYIDqfKlKEHp9ptRQPrjcAfE=w456-h440-rw

·
Registered
124 Posts
I guess I am really perplexed as to why Ducati does not devise their own pannier set for the XDS? It is really a shame, especially when they are marketing the HD crowd and use words like muscle cruiser. Ducati has really shat the bed on this one, in my opinion. I wanted to use the Hepco/Becker brackets, but they look very flimsy, though many are reporting they are OK.

C'mon Ducati, I know you read these forums, give us a bone!

61 - 80 of 83 Posts