Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Camping spot in Maine. Currently have about 2000 miles of this trip with the cases. They work great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Got the bracket painted and mounted. Getting closer to time for my trip.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Very nice indeed! Any chance of making another and selling it? Buying my Xdiavel in a week and absolutely looking at the same pannier brand. I would be more than willing to pay top dollar....

Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice! Ive ordered the C bow with the Rugged bags. Expecting them on Wednesday.
Heng, nice looking set up. One review said they were cheaply made. What are your thoughts about the quality and functionality?

Crussell, can you post pics of your set up too? I would truly like to use the Shad set up, but awaiting a reply from DK2016. Ultimately, I would like 2 sets of panniers, one set for day trips and work, another for the longer hauls.

Suggestions?

Matt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heng, nice looking set up. One review said they were cheaply made. What are your thoughts about the quality and functionality?

Crussell, can you post pics of your set up too? I would truly like to use the Shad set up, but awaiting a reply from DK2016. Ultimately, I would like 2 sets of panniers, one set for day trips and work, another for the longer hauls.

Suggestions?

Matt
I am very satisfied with them in general. The capacity is not outstanding, I guess it is the trade off to keep the bike styling ????????the X have such a tiny rear.
I rode during 3 hours in heavy rain and nothing got wet in the bag. The only concern I may have is the durability of the zipper. Time will tell. So it is a 8/10 ????????

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got tired of waiting for Ducati to create something for me to tour with. Bought aftermarket side panniers and fitted them to the HB C-Bow mounting brackets. Fits a full size helmet or all of my stuff for a week long trip. Also has the added benefit of functioning tail lights. I have it set up so they come off in about 30 secs.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got tired of waiting for Ducati to create something for me to tour with. Bought aftermarket side panniers and fitted them to the HB C-Bow mounting brackets. Fits a full size helmet or all of my stuff for a week long trip. Also has the added benefit of functioning tail lights. I have it set up so they come off in about 30 secs.
Nice looking bike!

Can you tell me more about the C-Bow system? In other words, can it mount the Shad bags and can the C-Bow be adjusted, to make the panniers a bit higher, so as to be more of an armrest for a passenger?

·
Registered
392 Posts

Suggestions?

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
These are Hepco Becker Rugged bags for C Bow. I like the look, the size, ease of use - they come off very easily and have handles like a suit case. They are probably not a good choice if you have the stock exhaust because they will be to close (good excuse to buy the termi.) Only negatives I can see so far is the price which is about $700. And when removed the brackets are quite noticeable. It shouldn’t be to hard to remove the brackets tho so maybe I’m just a little picky. My bike goes through transformations pretty regularly from weekend tourer and then back to hot rod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I liked those Hepco bags as well and like you the $700 price tag was unattractive. But I found the mutazu bags for less than three hundred ($270 if I remember correctly) and they have the integrated tail lights. I have them mounted with the hepco c bow brackets and just bought the replacement receiver bracket for the bags. The other nice thing about that is that you can mount the way you want to. You have to pay attention to the c bow weight limits tho. The shad bags might be too heavy for the c bow brackets

·
Registered
392 Posts
I liked those Hepco bags as well and like you the $700 price tag was unattractive. But I found the mutazu bags for less than three hundred ($270 if I remember correctly) and they have the integrated tail lights. I have them mounted with the hepco c bow brackets and just bought the replacement receiver bracket for the bags. The other nice thing about that is that you can mount the way you want to. You have to pay attention to the c bow weight limits tho. The shad bags might be too heavy for the c bow brackets
I almost went with the Hepco Becker Orbit bags which are in the Price range you quoted. Ultimately I would have regretted not going with my first choice, I always do even when I saved money. Can you post a few pics of your bags?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sorry Matst2, just noticed you had already posted a pic. Those look great but are a little bigger than I wanted. Are those about 30 liters?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got them off of Amazon but I've seen them on Ebay as well.
Mutazu Detachable Universal Motorcycle Hard Saddlebags​

·
Registered
10 Posts
No. These bags will definitely not work with the stock exhaust. In my opinion, they would only work with the Termi's. Even the arrow or zard aftermarket exhausts will likely be too close to the bottom of the bag on the right side. Sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just came back from a 9 day tour of Tasmania, can highly recommend it by the way! I set the bike up with the Hepco Street bags and a GIVI seat bag. Just had enough room to fit essentials, but we stayed in accommodation each night and I had to wash once during the trip. First time touring on the bike and thought it did the job pretty well. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks for the pics Majestic. Nice looking! Similar to my setup; C Bow with the Rugged bags. I like that Givi tail bag. Almost looks like it was made just for the Xdiavel. I have one as well but won’t be using it as it won’t work with my custom seat. You only washed once during your trip? Lol.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts