Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Esquire
3,039 Posts
Dealer should have full accessory catalog for XDiavel lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer told me yesterday that they have only received about half of the accessory catalog that will eventually be available. He had no info regarding any storage possibilities, other than a tank bag.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer told me yesterday that they have only received about half of the accessory catalog that will eventually be available. He had no info regarding any storage possibilities, other than a tank bag.
That's what I've heard from my dealer too.

And it's why I post the question here instead.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer seemed very pessimistic about any luggage/panniers being offered (where would they go? How would they attach?)
However, I remember at the launch, one of the "higher-ups" at Ducati being asked about available storage for the bike, and he answered, "definitely, it's a cruiser."
We should know shortly I'd think...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looking at the pictures of the shad side case mounts, (3p system) I don't see it being that difficult attaching lugguage to the bike. The "back rest" bolts to the rear frame, which would be a great bolting point, and the passenger pegs now are bolt on as well. I have been talking with some fabricators I know, and if Ducati and Shad don't come up with anything soon, I may just make my own.

Planning on a week long trip next week and have to use a backpack for my clothes since there is no where to store much of anything on this bike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When looking at pictures, the subframe for the backrest has to be the only place I can think of that would be sturdy enough for any significant luggage. Did your dealer have any insight?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dropped by the dealer today. He took part in a test ride in Cannes last weekend, and the Ducati project manager for XDiavel told him that panniers are not a top priority for them. Mounting is difficult because the rear subframe is narrower than the back wheel.

I'll be looking at third party options. I'd very much like to be able to park my bike without having to bring all my luggage with me all the time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer took part in the test rides in Cannes also. He said similar about panniers. He said they will make a "Strada" version of the X in coming years.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd like a top box that I could attach using the passenger subframe.

How fast/simple is adding and removing the passenger backrest?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd like a top box that I could attach using the passenger subframe.

How fast/simple is adding and removing the passenger backrest?
I can typically do it in about 5-10 minutes. Take the seats off, remove 4 bolts, put the back rest on with 4 bolts, put seats back on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just used the four straps under the backseat on the standard Diavel, I hear the X has them as well. Super easy to pack for a week on the road without issue or struggle.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Seriously...? My buddy claims he attached bungees to the straps under his seat on his X like I do on my Diavel, and he has the stock seat. Odd - anyone else confirm they do / do not have these straps?

·
Registered
64 Posts
They will fit because the C-Bow mount is the same for all supported bags. I suspect they call out Royster because they are the new bag. There may be a higher weight limit for the street bags, they are concerned with...

·
Registered
880 Posts
I thought the same. I did try some Royster bags on my Diavel but one of the zips broke straight away. With the shape they are more difficult to pack than the street bag as well

1 - 20 of 83 Posts