Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 with 16k and a output shaft bearing leak. Sound premature to anyone else? Can't find any information on any Diavel having the same problem.Ducati wont help with the 3k dollar repair any information will help. Thanks.

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
output shaft bearing leak.
?? Do you mean the output shaft seal is leaking? Or that the bearing has failed? If it's a seal leak, I can't see it costing $3000 to repair.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Countershaft sprocket seals are able to be done externally, usually. Have not seen the Diavel one though.

Wife's new KTM had countershaft seal leak at 3000 miles... dropped bike off at KTM dealer at 9am, called me at lunchtime for pick-up. Not leaked since, so far.

71Rider(Anthony)

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
Well, you've confused me. Pray tell, what is a bearing leak?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its that little leak you get in ya undies when you are too hot into a corner and it has a bearing on how you exit said corner.... lol.

Have you confirmed its NOT the countershaft seal.... removed the sprocket and inspected the seal? Clean, run and confirm leak... I would use my Snap-0n fibrescope camera to look behind the seal.

71Rider(Anthony)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took my 2015 dark in for its first service and was told the seal was leaking and will get back to me when they have a seal to fix it..
that was 3 weeks now and still haven't heard anything from them..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also had the 2nd gear shift drum repair done and thers a bearing listed (70250191a) on the repair order. This was 12 months and less than 3k miles ago. Seeing i havent been able to find another Diavel with the same failure im left to think it was either the bearing listed and installed improperly that failed or something was damaged during the repair. E-mail to Ducati from dealer states inner race severly brinelled.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I also had the 2nd gear shift drum repair done and thers a bearing listed (70250191a) on the repair order. This was 12 months and less than 3k miles ago. Seeing i havent been able to find another Diavel with the same failure im left to think it was either the bearing listed and installed improperly that failed or something was damaged during the repair. E-mail to Ducati from dealer states inner race severly brinelled.
My first assumption would be it's related to the warranty repair since the cases have to be split to do that job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree even if its not the bearing listed they worked on or around the damaged bearing causing a premature failure. Any idea on what type of warranty extension or guarantee comes along with a reapair like that? Also I seem too have the only Diavel that's experienced such a failure. Bike has 16k in on it and ive owned it since new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts