Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ill start! Me and Gill are sitting at a cafe in NYC. Our bikes are parked right outside next to the curb. we get up to leave and i start my bike so it gets warmed up while im putting on my helmet and gloves.

Dude walks up to me and says" turn your bike off or LEAVE because your bike fumes are spoiling my coffee"
LMAO

it took me a while to figure out what he actually said because he seems rather polite!! not to mention he was inside and came out all the way to tell me this!?!?!?

any way i replied " The bike is on the F%^@in ROAD!!! Go inside and shut the door AAS#@$&!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
LOL.
Stopping at a CAFE?

I generally only stop at biker friendly bars.

I got a bunch of stories but I'll tell the most recent.
First weekend in Oct. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day and for the Canadian wet coast those days are getting rare so there's a ton of bikes out.
Stopped at one of my regular biker bars for a pop and there are about 80 bikes there. First row of parking full so I line up with the 2nd row and park at the end.
Go inside finish my drink and bullshit with the boys and get up to leave. When I'm at the top of the stairs a column of 8 HD's are pulling in.
They all ride through the parking column and this chick at the end on a full dresser decides to stop right in front of my bike.
All of a sudden, over she goes! CRASH!
I and 2 other guys run over and it takes all 3 of us to pick it up. The handle bars are 6 inches from my front tire. Of course she's all embarrassed about dumping her bike in front of 80 or so bikers.
Man I'm glad you didn't hit my bike I tell her. Is that yours? As I was falling I was thinking, don't hit the Ducati, don't hit the Ducati she says.
No harm no foul.

Jump to the next weekend
Improbably another sunny Sunday. It's Vancouver Toy Run day. I decide to go. Apart from a few asshat weekend warrior HOG types acting like dicks it's all going pretty good.
Cops have intersections blocked and it's kind of fun legally running red lights and waving to the people who've come out to watch. Maybe 4000 bikes and 10,000 spectators.
Anyway we get to the final parking spot and I park and get a seat in the grandstand area. A few minutes later a chick comes in on a full dresser Harley and yup, you guessed it, dumps the thing in full view of 4000 bikers! It was a different colour than the one the weekend before.
What are the odds of seeing that on back to back Sundays? LOL.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL.
Stopping at a CAFE?
Yup Guilty as charged! i know bit of a poser, it hard not to be esp with the diavel!!

Anyway here is a pic of the cafe, as you can see the exhaust fumes had to go a long way inside to reach the dude's coffee!!

Window Building Green Awning Facade

Anyway two weeks back i was at the same cafe(with Gil of course) ! i was sitting outside on that corner table and a huge furry rodent dashed towards my feet and sits there huddled in a corner, it was dark , first i thought it was somebody's dog, may not maybe a big huge NY rat! No wait its a frekin possum !!!
so a small crowd gathers in seconds, "eewh that thing is ugly" "OMG he is sooo cute" and then the owner of the cafe (Italian of course) comes out in a suit "mamma mia @$$&$^%"

Before we know it he flattens the poor possum with a broom, puts it in a box and into the garbage can!

Virginia opossum Common opossum Eye Possum Whiskers

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.