Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading other's experience here, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Aella bars from Bellisimoto. The cost is ridiculous.....why can't someone else make plain ol' handlebars in that shape/size without the over-engineered 5-piece CNC job ?

Anyway.........I have to get the seating position more comfortable, and I think this will do it. Purportedly there is no need to extend any wiring or hydraulic lines, which is why I'm tackling this upgrade.

Nobody has mentioned grips though. On other bikes, the left grip is typically glued to the bars. Thus handlebar replacement would require new grips.

Is that the case with the XDiavel as well ?

If so, any grip recommendations ?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Rizoma makes nice grips for the XD. Or depending on weather oem heated grips are a necessity for cold mornings or evening rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered these bars from "BellissiMoto" as well nearly 4 months ago and I'm still waiting for delivery. I'm not sure about the grips but I ordered some from "Rizoma" as I'm sure they will make the bike look so much better.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had the Rizoma Urlos, I liked them, had them
for a few months and then went with oem heated grips for colder riding seasons. Awesome to use on rainy days as well. It's crazy how long and still waiting for the Aella's from bellisimoto, hopefully you get them soon enough

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. I ordered them Friday and got a UPS tracking number the same day. UPS still says it'll be here Wednesday. When I ordered the black bars they were reportedly in stock.

So are new grips required ? I mean, do you have to cut the old ones off ?

·
Registered
943 Posts
There a few videos on YouTube on how to take off the grips on the clutch side. Using compressed air between the handlebar and grip you should be able to slide it off. The brake side is pretty easy. There is a few videos on Xdiavel grip removal, just have to search it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep - videos were super helpful. Took me a long time to figure out the electric controls trick, but once I hammered the hex in, it was pretty easy. Compressed air tricked worked great on grip too. My only problem was the wiring to the control on the left/clutch side. It finally fit after cutting one of the zip ties holding it near the fork neck. But its still tight and came out once already. I might have to drill a new hole further inboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I added a $7 pair of spongey grips from Cycle Gear, and rode 500 miles on the Twisted Sisters yesterday to try out the new Aella bars.

They're stellar. The seat on this bike isn't that big, but its great too. No fatigue after my longest ride ever in one day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts