Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
expert member
3,211 Posts
Go and get it dyno tuned so your pipe and tune match, 14t sprocket will give more off the line and some dealers will fit the 14t, others refuse so its something best if you fit it yourself, is easy, don't need to change chains.

·
expert member
3,211 Posts
I have termi slipon, tuneboy and running a map made for someone elses bike but it is fantastic on mine, I can power wheelie 2nd easy. Standard 15t sprocket and second air bleed screw closed. at 6k rpm if I WOT the front comes straight up in second. Off the line WOT is impossible in first, but second will lift and 3rd too.

·
Bullshit Artiste'
1,599 Posts
WHEELIES...

Questions:

1. How can I identify the Full Termi ECU? Is it adjustable?

2. What's the current info on mixture screw, closed all the way? Is that best for wheel lifting low end?

3. Will the 14T front sprocket do it? Will it void warranty? Can it use the stock chain? What's the down side?

4. Would +3 teeth on the rear sprocket be a better answer? Warranty?

Won't change pipes.

Answer:

1. Engage first gear, release clutch.....get bike up to around 25 kmh

2. Pull in clutch

3. Rev engine INSANELY and drop clutch...

4. Hang on tight or kiss your ass goodbye (maybe both LoL...)

·
expert member
3,211 Posts
The termi ecu is just a Mitsubishi ecu tuned for the termi, you can get it dynoed with a PC5 or tuneboy or rexxer or similar product.

And yes at about 6k rpm if I open it full it will lift the front in second.

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
Mine has a slight fraction of a second flat'ish response then spikes, but enough to roll on and bleed the initial impulse. It does not feel like snap and go the way I think it should.
Do you have the mode set to 162 High? If it's on 162 Low, the throttle response is slightly buffered.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I managed to get a slight lift in 1st and 2nd, moving off from a stop line.
Opened the throttle all the way until the warning light came on, then shifted.

*no mods done.
*riding in touring mode, default DTC settings.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You will be disappointed in the Termi ECU if you are after smooth low end.
As others have said get your existing ECU tuned or get Tuneboy and try some existing trim files.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What does repeated and frequent wheelies do to the steering head bearings? Anyone with first hand experience know?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I also have my stock ECU since 2 came with my AMG. Can I get it mapped off the bike and swap it in so I can preserve the Termi one on the bike now?
I believe that with Rexxer the ECU can be done off the bike by some shops.
Your best option... IMO ... is to put the stock ECU back in and have the bike tuned with Tuneboy or say to hell with it and just tune the Termi one. You will have the option to add cruise and or a quickshifter. No hardware stays with the bike (quickshifter requires a load cell on the shifter rod) and you can change tunes at will including putting the stock tune back on or a Termi tune.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What does repeated and frequent wheelies do to the steering head bearings? Anyone with first hand experience know?
Safe to say it is not good if the bike comes down hard most of the time.
If you are just carrying the wheel under acceleration and it is coming down easy all should be ok.

·
Bullshit Artiste'
1,599 Posts
This is NOT me but the resemblance (I had one of these when I was 17) is spooky...

Geez Alby....did Coop put you on that Atkins Diet?......lookin' quite slender there fella!........he also taught you how NOT to do a wheelie i see.
Seafood diet for me I'm afraid....

though I have lost a couple of kilos....

weighed last night at "only" 138 kgs.

My wheelie days are over now though when i was young and fearless (feckless?) I was quite a dab hand at it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts