Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum. Just bought 2014 with 800 miles on it . After dealer put full termi on , one cylinder not firing and I noticed oil leak dripping onto front header?? Service is saying not related yet it started about 100 miles after upgrade.
Any thoughts

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
I guess it depends on where the oil is coming from. If it's a nicked oil line, then maybe the mechanic caused it. The job does have the mechanic working very close to the oil cooler and oil lines. If it's a fitting or a gasket or the oil cooler itself has sprung a leak, then it's probably unrelated.

As for the non-firing, if they installed the Termi air filter, then I suppose it's possible that they damaged a wire along the way. Or maybe they disconnected or damaged the spark coil on the horizontal cylinder while fiddling with the exhaust header. But those sorts of things should have shown up right away, not 100 miles later.

All that said, I presume the service provider reached their conclusion after some disassembly and inspection? If they simply declared it an impossibility that they had done any harm, then that would be a mark of dishonesty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, they can't even find oil leak. they replaced spark plug cylinder worked for short test ride then quit.
My 09 monster has lost its thrill since Diavel !

·
Registered
576 Posts
How do you know it's a cylinder not firing? Not saying you don't know, I'd just like to know what the evidence is.

Do you know which cylinder isn't firing? If it's the vertical cylinder, I would agree with your dealer that it's not related to the Termi install, since they basically don't move anything around in that area. As Reid mentioned, horizontal (front) cylinder is where all the action takes place during a Termi install, and it does involve moving your oil cooler.

Try to determine exactly where the oil is leaking from. And if you can, pull your front coil and A) see if that's the cylinder that is missing, and B) give it an electrical ground for a second to see if you are getting spark.

Dealers response is suspect, even if it's not related they shouldn't just dismiss your concerns after spending Termi money. At the least they should tell you exactly what they did to determine why it's not related to their install job.

Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts