Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am not sure of this so posing this question to the Ducatisti guru's on this forum " can be ducati 2 year, unlimited milage warranty be affected if I use a non Termi slip on can?"

I really want the CW but not at the cost of losing the warranty comfort blanket. Insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vivek

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pretty sure the slip on part of the upgrade should not effect the warranty, whenvi first pre ordered my 2012 cr I asked the dealer to install the arrow slip on system and they said they will have it installed at delivery ...no jeopradising warranty issues were mentioned they only suggested I go with full termi in their opinion due to being designed for the bike and making it perform the way intended ....with that being said you should be fine ....but need to confirm what conciquences arrive with remapping the stock ecu settings if you do that.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Ducati North America told me that installing any non Ducati approved part will void the warranty. After his blanket statement I nicely explained that that is not the case in the US. He pointed out that in Italy they are within the law to cancel a warranty for any modification that is not an official Ducati part. He did backtrack on his statement concerning the US. So, the bottom line is, they feel justified in canceling your warranty but it depends on the local laws.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I "believe" in the US, they Ducati would have to show the modification contributed to the failure to void the warranty....

With that said, trying to get anything warrantied on a motorcycle seems to be a hassle when it comes to the motor...

Ducati North America told me that installing any non Ducati approved part will void the warranty. After his blanket statement I nicely explained that that is not the case in the US. He pointed out that in Italy they are within the law to cancel a warranty for any modification that is not an official Ducati part. He did backtrack on his statement concerning the US. So, the bottom line is, they feel justified in canceling your warranty but it depends on the local laws.

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,726 Posts
Vivek,

You should read your warranty to find the dependable answer to your question. Then, consult your local laws to see if there are exceptions that may be applicable. Warranties are legal contracts, and they vary among countries, and sometimes within a single country. Warranty laws also vary. In the USA, for example, there is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which provides certain rights, which cannot be extinguished by any warranty language.

·
SF V4S XDiavel S Man
896 Posts
I have owned 8 Ducati's to date, all except for one had aftermarket exhaust (all slip-on). Only one of my Duc's had a Termi exhaust, not one of them ever had any adverse affects due to a slip-on exhaust. Most of the time the slip-on will allow the engine to run better than with the restricted OEM system.

I would not be concerned if I were you.

·
Diavel Enthusiast
1,289 Posts
Am not sure of this so posing this question to the Ducatisti guru's on this forum " can be ducati 2 year, unlimited milage warranty be affected if I use a non Termi slip on can?"

I really want the CW but not at the cost of losing the warranty comfort blanket. Insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vivek
Vivek, it's only two bolts to remove the CW. If you really want the CW and are concerned with warranty...on any occasion you do have to return the bike to the dealer just put the stock slip-on back. It takes less then five minutes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts