Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

Newbie with a 2015 Dark and adding Termi full system before break-in, is this OK?

603 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  descb600f 
#1 ·
Great forum with a wealth of info, however still figuring out the search tool although.

So I will be picking up my 2015 Dark and want to add full Gen2 Termigioni system (including Filter and ECU).

Question.......Is it advisable to go for full install of system on brand new bike? OR is it recommended that I wait until after break-in period while the ECU is learning the bike? IF advisable to wait after how many miles would you recommend before I'd install full system (filter and ECU).....600 mile service?

#5 ·
I copy that.....thx for feedback. Maybe instead of ECU learning the bike, I meant I'm still learning the bike. Of course the Demo I rode had this Termi system and became an immediate must have item for me, granted the $ of it is another story.

Here I thought my Buell was fun and sounded great.....but that system sound and power of that Diavel was pretty impressive, quite spirited, and truly soulful!!

#6 ·
The Gen 2 (2015) Termi system for mine didn't have an air filter to be replaced nor a an ecu... just fit the pipes and load the map via a flash stick and the Ducati Diagnostic System interface. In other words Ducati's mapping for the Termi didn't include a free flow air filter.

If the dealer is fitting a free flow air filter with the system you may want to check fuelling via a dyno... not sure how broad the map is to cover free flow air filter?

More knowledgeable may chime in...

Also, I think Ducati want the system fitted after the first service to get some initial run-in done before the bike get revved too high. You know the drill.... Man this system sounds good I'll rev it out a bit more... follow your rev limits for the run-in.

71Rider(Anthony)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.