Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm at 4800 miles on my first set am gonna need a new one soon, and dealer is quoting me $520 for tire & install.

Local shop quoting $440.

How much did you guys pay? Any sources to get it cheaper on the internet? What I found from these guys is Rear is $230 and front $130.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Try revzilla.com. Or bikerbandit.com<br /><br />Revzilla both front and rear shipped 313.00 <br /><br /><br /><span style="color: gray">Sent from <a href='http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Motorcycle.com Free App</a></span>

Also you will have install and disposal charges most places charge hour flat rates. And keep an eye in those shady guys with scratching your rim up!
Revzilla is also good thanks for that. So now it just comes down to mount and balance

·
Registered
206 Posts
My dealer quoted $443 for both. I'll be going there when its time.

BTW... Checked with a local non Ducati dealer when I first got the bike. They said they couldn't do it because the lacked the capability to deal with the large wheel, even though they sell all four Japanese brands.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Jake Wilson.com
$295 for both

Quoted $128 including tax just to mount and balance

Otherwise
$462 for dealer to supply tires and mount and balance

$39 difference

Reactions: JoganJani

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,726 Posts
Jake Wilson.com
$295 for both

Quoted $128 including tax just to mount and balance

Otherwise
$462 for dealer to supply tires and mount and balance

$39 difference
For that small difference, I'd support my local dealer. Or, to save big bucks over time, get a No-Mar tire changer and DIY. Be warned, though, even with a premium home tire changer like the No-Mar, the rear tire is not an easy job; I always break a sweat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.