Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2016 XDiavel S on Friday. 9K miles with lots of extra parts. I already added the Puig windshield and I love it. The bike is as quick and nimble as I expected. I did not expect the vibration........had no idea anything but an old HD had moves like that.

I love the bike. Some quick observations:

1. Vibration is WAY more than I expected.
2. Termi exhaust is amazing. I knew it was a must-have and 100% worth it.
3. New Puig windshield works WAY better than expected
4. Bars are way too short. Forward foot controls exacerbate the forward lean. Vibes + body weight on hands = zero circulation in just a few miles.

I've been lurking doing research for a while. Now I know I need to get this handlebar situation figured out. Then it'll be a real jewel.

FYI - my other bike is a 2017 (Milwaukee 8) HD Road King. Even HD figured out how to modernize a classic engine !!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome to the site and glad you like your XD!! Vibration? Lol, can't be worse than a Harley. In about 12.5K miles on my bike and never gets old!! Lots of info on the site and feel free to post!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,494 Posts
Congrats with new bike.
Didn't you test ride it before purchase? Since you been surprised over a few things?
Some of the question you find answer with doing some research in here....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short test ride. But no test ride ever tells you things you find out during your second hour of a ride. :) Another surprise - people are drawn to this thing like moths to a flame. I used to have a full-blown custom chopper, and I swear I had more people staring and taking pics of this thing that they did with the chopper !!

Still love the bike after the first 3 days (~500 miles) of riding. Thinking of a much more ambitious ride - 3 Twisted Sisters - this Saturday. From my house in NW Austin its amazing, but a long hard day - at least 10 hours and about 500 - 600 miles.

And yes, this site has been very helpful so far. I found articles about the Aella bars. I just wish somebody else made regular bars that size that weren't so expensive. And I thought HD parts were expensive............this is a whole new level !!!

The rear tread shows the nice break-in from the first 500 miles.........don't think the HD/chopper background means I ride like a little old lady. Why do you think I switched from chopper to Ducati ?

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
933 Posts
Short test ride. But no test ride ever tells you things you find out during your second hour of a ride. :) Another surprise - people are drawn to this thing like moths to a flame. I used to have a full-blown custom chopper, and I swear I had more people staring and taking pics of this thing that they did with the chopper !!

Still love the bike after the first 3 days (~500 miles) of riding. Thinking of a much more ambitious ride - 3 Twisted Sisters - this Saturday. From my house in NW Austin its amazing, but a long hard day - at least 10 hours and about 500 - 600 miles.

And yes, this site has been very helpful so far. I found articles about the Aella bars. I just wish somebody else made regular bars that size that weren't so expensive. And I thought HD parts were expensive............this is a whole new level !!!

The rear tread shows the nice break-in from the first 500 miles.........don't think the HD/chopper background means I ride like a little old lady. Why do you think I switched from chopper to Ducati ?

View attachment 111423
I agree with you, it's a conversation on its own for sure. Also don't see many around which makes it "rare"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can get HVMP bar ends which help with vibrations. I got them for mine and it's a good bit nicer.
I also bought Grip Puppies I have yet to install purely because I need something thicker for my hands to be fully comfortable.

I had to buy Aella bars to get more pullback as well, it helped a lot. If you have a 2016 it may not have the extended pullback bars, they started coming with them standard with them after 2018. Those help a little but not enough for me.

We're neighbors, I'm in San Antonio. But lately my weekends are for working on my car and not riding for fun. I'm mostly commuting on the bike and dodging morons in traffic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to meet you !

Keep me in mind - we can meet near Kerrville or even closer to the 3 Sisters when you get the car fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts