Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hepco & Becker - the Mercedes S-Class of bike luggage - has just released new kit for the Diavel:

https://www.hepco-sh...iavel-1260-2019

I can testify that Hepco & Becker luggage is outstanding, and I'm hoping they will bring out a Tank Ring for the Xdiavel too.
I have a 4 liter Givi tank lock bag on my 1260s, that was a mistake. The bag completely obstruct the view to the instrument screen.
Dont know if I'm turn indicating, what speed I'm at, gear I'm in, rpm etc etc.
I need to lean forward ad peek over the bag to see anything.

Tank bag was not a great idea on this bike, I'm considering buying the OEM tail bag from Ducati.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think Hepco & Becker designed their Tank Ring to solve the problem of tankbags obscuring the XD's instruments.

A couple of years ago, I emailed Hepco & Becker to ask if they had a Tank Ring for the bike. At the time, they said No because a tankbag would obscure the clocks. Roll forward to 2020: looking at the photo of their new Lock-it Tankring, it seems designed to position the tangbag further away from the Diavel's instruments. I assume - although I've not tried it out - this new Tank Ring positions the tankbag back from the line of sight of the clocks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think Hepco & Becker designed their Tank Ring to solve the problem of tankbags obscuring the XD's instruments.

A couple of years ago, I emailed Hepco & Becker to ask if they had a Tank Ring for the bike. At the time, they said No because a tankbag would obscure the clocks. Roll forward to 2020: looking at the photo of their new Lock-it Tankring, it seems designed to position the tangbag further away from the Diavel's instruments. I assume - although I've not tried it out - this new Tank Ring positions the tankbag back from the line of sight of the clocks.

I noticed that yesterday as well.
Went out in the garage and found out I could probably manufacture a bracket to move the Givi ring to see the screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up the Hepco & becker rack and two sets of panniers for the Diavel. Pretty happy with it all so far.

A few things to note:
-The passenger grab handle must remain extended in order to attach the rack.
-Because of the requirement for the passenger grab rail, this kit is not compatible with the factory backrest.
-I would recommend a third brake light considering the panniers restrict viewing angles of the factory brake lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts