Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 Diavel with 900 miles on it and for the most part LOVE it! But I have one MAJOR complaint, Fueling! From idle until approximately 3800rpm the fueling is HORRIBLE!!! Sometimes it takes longer than it should to start and sometimes it stalls while idling. But riding smooth below 4000 rpm is impossible!! Any thoughts?????I did already order a shift tech pipe, I hope that helps??? Make it worse??? HELP!

·
expert member
3,136 Posts
TuneBoy or other ecu remap is the only fix, but it will never be truly happy below 4k because its not designed too, changing to a 14tooth sprocket can help as it puts the bike in the sweet spot at lower speed.

Also close the rear air bleed screw to help stop the stalling.

And welcome to the best Diavel forum around

·
expert member
3,136 Posts
Yes in first it will lift the front wheel easy, but lugging at 2500rpm in 5th is one thing, it doesn't like to pull from there, yes a retune transforms the bike down low but you can't change the fact the cams are set for power from 4k to 10500 rpm, it's fueling was shit below 4k but fixing fueling will not change its nature. If you try pulling hard at low rpm you will just get shudder through the bike till it hit over 3k and the cams let it breathe properly. Yes you can build speed but not hard acceleration like is possible after 3k.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm one of the folk that's just lumped it and got used to it. If I need to pull hard a quick throttle blip and downshift (twice if needs be) sorts it. The sound it throws up when doing this makes me wonder why I ever rode cruisers with low end grunt. Sooooooo much fun :0D

Never really considered a tune

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
FWIW, my bike was very lumpy when loping along under 3k rpm as well. However, Did the the full Termi thang, and she is much much better behaved from 2.5k rpm on up.

It is still not as happy as it is when it's over 3-4k mind you, but is significantly smoother down low and helluva lot easier to live with.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Arrow ran fine for me without a tune as well. Great sound too. I picked up a shift tech, but only for the looks. I was otherwise very happy with the arrow. I actually preferred the sound/tone of the arrow over the shift tech, but only slightly.

While a tune wasn't needed, it still made the bike feel better IMO. I would say the same about the bike stock; that was not related to the arrow exhaust.

·
Sir Fred the Flatulent
9,850 Posts
Arrow ran fine for me without a tune as well. Great sound too. I picked up a shift tech, but only for the looks. I was otherwise very happy with the arrow. I actually preferred the sound/tone of the arrow over the shift tech, but only slightly.

While a tune wasn't needed, it still made the bike feel better IMO. I would say the same about the bike stock; that was not related to the arrow exhaust.
ran out of "like"s

a re-map will make it feel better...but is it necessary with a quality slip-on.......don't think so.

but it depends on who wants to sell you some thing......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Initially i was unhappy with the fueling ( had a few scary moments with stalling, once on a roundabout) but since have learned to live with it. I keep the revs up, stay in a lower gear, and blip on downshifts. Not sure weather its since i got the termi slip on with ecu and filter or a combination of that and adjusted riding style but the engine definitely feels more 'loose' after 8000klms.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Initially i was unhappy with the fueling ( had a few scary moments with stalling, once on a roundabout) but since have learned to live with it. I keep the revs up, stay in a lower gear, and blip on downshifts. Not sure weather its since i got the termi slip on with ecu and filter or a combination of that and adjusted riding style but the engine definitely feels more 'loose' after 8000klms.
Stalling on my 2013 worked itself out for the most part and hopefully will on your bike too. Keeping the revs up certainly helps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.