Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is great news for anyone that wants to upgrade there Xdiavel or diavel 1260 with the new diavel with the V4 engine. Any thoughts? For me, hasn’t sunk in yet but I kinda like it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,739 Posts
Is it 28 Oct we get an answer for this?
I've been tested the Multistrada V4s, it's a grat riding machine (engine), a bit more thirsty on the fuel than V2.
Now Ducati have V4 in Panigale, Streetfigher and MS, I understand why Ducati will put it in a Diavel.

I'm not sure I will jump on a Diavel V4. But I've change my mind before.

·
Registered
Diavel 1260 Dark
28 Posts
That’s a big change in style - reminds me more of an MV Agusta than a Ducati… then again, so does the latest Monster.
IMO, Diavel 1260 is a timeless design masterpiece, just like the 996 and the original Monster, so I definitely won’t be looking for an upgrade.

V4 engine will be a bunch of fun, though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Id have to see more.
To my eyes, the Gen 2 Carbon is such a pretty bike. That's why I bought it.
I wish they would bring a carbon back.
So its a V4....If they keep it at 170hp and the same TQ, Im not sure 8 hp and about the same TQ is worth the upcharge, looks aside.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also have been wondering why their last line of bikes does not have the V4.

A friend told me there are no more desmo engines. Then I did my research and learned that the Panigale has 208 hp at around 14K redline.......and it DOES have desmo valves. The Multi has 20% less power and NO desmo.

Google dyno chart for our 1260 V2 and the Panigale V4 and you'll see exactly what I was looking for - WAY more power under the total curve for the V4. No more of the wait till redline and then hang on for dear life at the last 1,000 revs.......

But the Multistrada version won't have any of that excitement. And unfortunately...............it's almost guaranteed the XDiavel will get the same V4 engine as the Multi if a V4 version emerges. So sadly.........I will not be in the market for that. The Panigale motor in our bikes would be amazing and I would probably fork over some $$$ for that motor in a brand new bike. 😢

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh yeah - new bike needs new headlight too. Something like the streetfighter has. The sloped, weird cyclops look of the XDiavel is really the only stylistic feature I dislike.

So Ducati - add the streetfighter headlight and the Panigale V4 and it'll be the best bike on the market. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's some more info on it here, plus a Google translation of the article in Motorrad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts