Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think you will see a lot more power between 6-10k rpm.
I have redlined it a few times through the gears, but yes. Definitely a big grab at 9k. There’s still no way I can make anywhere near claimed top end, spin my rear tire or lift the front (front came up a hair launching without launch dropping my clutch at 9k from standstill)

Driving to Vancouver Ducati in 3 weeks to talk to them. I really hope I’m just an idiot and it’s operator idiocy, but ive way too many bikes and been riding my whole life. And my goldwing punches harder than my cati. I’m very grateful to all the replies, and I am wondering if I’m just expecting super bike performance out of a bike that’s just not a super bike. I think my biggest issue was maybe being promised that this bike would out perform my 2011 Duca which it does not in any way shape or form

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have redlined it a few times through the gears, but yes. Definitely a big grab at 9k. There’s still no way I can make anywhere near claimed top end, spin my rear tire or lift the front (front came up a hair launching without launch dropping my clutch at 9k from standstill)

Driving to Vancouver Ducati in 3 weeks to talk to them. I really hope I’m just an idiot and it’s operator idiocy, but ive way too many bikes and been riding my whole life. And my goldwing punches harder than my cati. I’m very grateful to all the replies, and I am wondering if I’m just expecting super bike performance out of a bike that’s just not a super bike. I think my biggest issue was maybe being promised that this bike would out perform my 2011 Duca which it does not in any way shape or form
Well, its supposed to do 0-100kmh in 2,6 seconds, thats the same as my old BMW S1000R, I'd say that is super bike territory.
Lets hear back when you have done the service and can really open her up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well, its supposed to do 0-100kmh in 2,6 seconds, thats the same as my old BMW S1000R, I'd say that is super bike territory.
Lets hear back when you have done the service and can really open her up.
I definitely will. Looking forward to getting to talk to them about this. Hope it’s me being a baby and the issue is me but comparing my rpm, speed, gears to my friend with 19-22 model mine sure feels off. To him as well. And riding his I can power wheelie till 3rd and clutch up after 2nd.
Makes me wanna not even look at her knowing I’m maxing throttle twists out to keep up with my girls ninja 😭 and I miss the sinking feeling in me gut of the old 1190 Diavel in low gear always gave.
And my 2011 spanked the heck out of all the litre bike off the line. (Aside from a highly tricked out face that I used to roll with) Pretending I don’t wanna race others cause I hate losing sucks, watching babes 5000$ ninja6 shitty low torque pull past me when I’m on the new Diavel makes me feel violated. Lol, and then then when I remind myself I’m not driving a new Hellcat cause wanted new bikes and this is what I wound up with really makes loving it hard.

I was very surprised to see only 1km on the dash when I got it. I’d assume they would put it through its steps in some sort of quality control pre sale.

Cool decoration so far I guess. I’ll even swallow a loss and trade in for another one if no fix is found. I’d go street fighter but my daughter loves the Diavel. Makes me feel not so old and less uncool when she takes her friends to the garage to look at it or asks to be picked up at school. And aside from mine, I love the Diavel in every iteration I’ve got my butt on.

thanks to everyone for the replies and not telling me how dumb I am for discussing an issue i haven’t seen others with. I know I mighta started off with “is the bike on?” “Have you tried adding fuel?” “Do you have a wrist?”

41 - 44 of 44 Posts