Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Diavel 1260 Dark
28 Posts
i had seen a video about a 1260 by top speed 263 km/h
how?????
usually you see a 245km/h at the display, and the its over. with a bit luck a 250
it cost me a lot time to change the performance of my bike to see 270 at the display
that result without a rexxer custom mapping on a dyno.
cause the bosch cpu was, nt cracked for a long time.
just now available.
then you still need to write a custom mapp on a dyno run
it would be nice to see a 157hp, regulare without rexxer mapping
i mean at the rear weel. not at the crank-shaft
best regards from germany
I saw 260+ on the display when I was riding my stock Euro 4 1260. Mind you, that was the display readout - I havent tracked it on GPS, but I figure it was 10-15 km/h less.

According to specs, top speed should be 270 kph and mine did feel like it still had a couple of km/h to go but there was already too much buffeting so I didn’t push it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can dump the clutch at 4-5000rpm in first and pin it and no lift, no spin, not even a chirp. ..and I have a leak. Came wet, But I wiped it off assuming it was overspill, but no it’s back
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Clutch slippage on clutch dumps or full out throttle in first perhaps?
Very possible.
If you ramp up at 3/4ths does it seem pretty fast?
Compared to what? Yeah, I leave traffic behind. My 1190 I only used 6tg gear for 240km/h and above. This girl I’m pretty much 6th gear 150km/h 6-7000rpm. Compared to my goldwing, ya it’s quick. … but 1200 cc? I guess? Why add wheelie control, advertise 2.8s and 280km when I can do none of those. Yet my 2011 can. Shoulda just bought a superduke or pannagale or v4 street fighter. I ride for a thrill. For 37g cad, I expected more. Actually I was straight up told this 1260’wouls make my 1190 feel obsolete. 😒😒 nope.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

sure it looks cool. But I had that covered before the bike.. 😂 ok, maybe not. But damn. I can manhandle, outmuscle, and just floor this girl with minimal sickness. Even after so many years the 2011 Diavel makes me think twice about sloppy throttle control. And I love lifting her up at 200k. If I’m tired I’ll go touring mode. This 2022? Sport feels like old touring.
I appreciate all the replies. I’m pretty sure the ol girl has a computer issue, throttle issue or mapping issue. I’ll get it figured out. Sucks tho, like dating a supermodel only to find out she “don’t do that”..
worst case scenario. I think I’d look cool on a street fighter.
Chin Shoulder Muscle Barbell Active tank

The Diavel just does it for me tho. I thought the 2011 was near perfect and 2022 had to mail it. .. I won’t say how cheap the newer one is compared to the older one when you look close. Imo possible loss of looks too. Was hoping for refinement on retirement.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well how about this? Checking junk email and the 2023 v4 street fighter def has my interest. Ever more so seeing the resale on lambo diavels. Should have a price and delivery date soon
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

208 hurse purse weighing under 400 lbs.. hmm, not really a green guy but I guess I could be.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A lot of these new bikes are refined to the point where they dont feel as fast as what they are.
I really think you should call the dealer and have a discussion and go from there.
Its too nice of a bike and too new to just give up.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well how about this? Checking junk email and the 2023 v4 street fighter def has my interest. Ever more so seeing the resale on lambo diavels. Should have a price and delivery date soon View attachment 112215 View attachment 112214
208 hurse purse weighing under 400 lbs.. hmm, not really a green guy but I guess I could be.
Lol for roughly $80K out the door. I’d rather buy an SFV4S SP model and looks so much nicer. Overall not really a lambo but just the paint scheme added to the bike. Just like the lambo diavel 1260. It’s still a Ducati. You even got other guys putting Ferrari decals all over Ducati Xdiavel . Not gonna same names but that’s just lame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Lol for roughly $80K out the door. I’d rather buy an SFV4S SP model and looks so much nicer. Overall not really a lambo but just the paint scheme added to the bike. Just like the lambo diavel 1260. It’s still a Ducati. You even got other guys putting Ferrari decals all over Ducati Xdiavel . Not gonna same names but that’s just lame

ha ha ha, yeah. Some peoples ideas seem silly and stupid. Still better than a Harley tho?😂 I did like the Diavel lambo mash up but ya, the steeet fighter looks like puke.. Ferrari huh? Hmmm… maybe I’ll put fridgidair or Volvo on it? Definitely agree with you on the SP.

Hey, you guys try the Ducati link app? How about these insane power numbers I got back..
Map Line Rectangle Font Slope
Font Circle Oval Logo Brand
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

sport mode, all safety setting off and I’m getting back 70hp-100hp..
I should add Ducati is a weekend trip away or I’d have gone to see them already. I’m gonna have to. There’s seriously something wrong with my bike. My goldwing is more thrilling. I hope they can fix this..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That sucks to hear Dave, definitely need to take your bike to the dealership. You do have 2 years warranty on the bike so take advantage of it. Those numbers are terrible BTW

umm ya… 37g to go 140km/h punching out 70hp? My feelings have been hurt, yes. Oh, and I’m not holding back. That’s my throttle maxed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wish I could get that app to work for me. Just to collect telemetry. It only records a current session. When I try to look back at any past data collection, the ride shows up. But all the data is gone. One time I recorded a 2 hour ride. Got great telemetry, a day later it show the map of where I rode. But only says the ride time was 0 hours 0 min. And nothing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I wish I could get that app to work for me. Just to collect telemetry. It only records a current session. When I try to look back at any past data collection, the ride shows up. But all the data is gone. One time I recorded a 2 hour ride. Got great telemetry, a day later it show the map of where I rode. But only says the ride time was 0 hours 0 min. And nothing.

That app is messed. I have issues too. I screen shot the info.

·
Registered
292 Posts
FYI.
I have used the app, and I think my peak HP number is 98Hp.
But the bike is anything but slow, I just don't think the app is getting this right.

One of my trips was up a steep mountain pass with loads of hairpins, my rear tire was rough and "grainy" when I came up top, the app said I had used a peak of 30hp, I think not :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
FYI.
I have used the app, and I think my peak HP number is 98Hp.
But the bike is anything but slow, I just don't think the app is getting this right.

One of my trips was up a steep mountain pass with loads of hairpins, my rear tire was rough and "grainy" when I came up top, the app said I had used a peak of 30hp, I think not :)
I appreciate the reply Dude, I wouldn’t be surprised if the app is buggy. But I also can’t get my bike over 200 km an hour, not even close. And my other Ducati will do 280 and it’s a 2011 deavil. I’ll be putting it on a Dyno soon and see what’s really going on I’m bringing it into a dealership.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I appreciate the reply Dude, I wouldn’t be surprised if the app is buggy. But I also can’t get my bike over 200 km an hour, not even close. And my other Ducati will do 280 and it’s a 2011 deavil. I’ll be putting it on a Dyno soon and see what’s really going on I’m bringing it into a dealership.
Yes you seem to have some issues, just wanted to say that the app can't be trusted.
I went through 1-2 and a bit into 3rd gear accelerating onto a motorway and had 140kph before I knew it, and the front felt a bit light, in Touring mode.
All good fun though.
200kph is not something I aim for, the consequences of being caught is just too severe, but my bike has no issues getting there and well beyond.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes you seem to have some issues, just wanted to say that the app can't be trusted.
I went through 1-2 and a bit into 3rd gear accelerating onto a motorway and had 140kph before I knew it, and the front felt a bit light, in Touring mode.
All good fun though.
200kph is not something I aim for, the consequences of being caught is just too severe, but my bike has no issues getting there and well beyond.
..yeah.. 3rd gear I recline at 100km/h

·
Registered
49 Posts
ID¸K....
look at your rpm....
its showing 92.hp @barely 6200rpms.
lets see what it says at 10k rpms.

ha ha ha, yeah. Some peoples ideas seem silly and stupid. Still better than a Harley tho?😂 I did like the Diavel lambo mash up but ya, the steeet fighter looks like puke.. Ferrari huh? Hmmm… maybe I’ll put fridgidair or Volvo on it? Definitely agree with you on the SP.

Hey, you guys try the Ducati link app? How about these insane power numbers I got back..
View attachment 112235 View attachment 112236 View attachment 112237
sport mode, all safety setting off and I’m getting back 70hp-100hp..
I should add Ducati is a weekend trip away or I’d have gone to see them already. I’m gonna have to. There’s seriously something wrong with my bike. My goldwing is more thrilling. I hope they can fix this..

·
Registered
292 Posts
So I did run with the app just now.

I managed to use 148Hp on a 3rd gear pull, not pinning it, rolling on and running 3rd almost to the limiter.
148hp @ 9832rpm. the front end was light, but did not lift as I rolled on smoothly.

..yeah.. 3rd gear I recline at 100km/h
Am I reading this right? you redline in 3rd at 100km/h?
My bike sits under 6000rpm at 100kph in 3rd,
If you have 9500-10.000rpm at 100kph in 3rd, I think your clutch is slipping.
If my recent ride is anything to go by, 3rd will redline somewhere between 170-180km/h.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I really appreciate all the help I’m getting in this thread, I’ve been avoiding blowing over 6000 RPM because I was told not to until I hit 1000 km I’ve hit my 1000 km and I’m waiting for my service, and I’ll bring up the issues I have. I’m starting to wonder if maybe I’m just being a little bitch, And I’m just upset that my new Ducati it’s slower than my old one

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really appreciate all the help I’m getting in this thread, I’ve been avoiding blowing over 6000 RPM because I was told not to until I hit 1000 km I’ve hit my 1000 km and I’m waiting for my service, and I’ll bring up the issues I have. I’m starting to wonder if maybe I’m just being a little bitch, And I’m just upset that my new Ducati it’s slower than my old one
I think you will see a lot more power between 6-10k rpm.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts