Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a 2016 XD and immediately noticed something with the exhaust. The bike is all stock, and the exhaust tips are nothing like anything I have ever seen on any other XD ever. I'm becoming obsessive scouring the internet for photos, videos, press release images- everything. Still cannot find another like this. My assumption is it is a very early configuration that was changed because it really looks terrible. The chrome sweeps in a different direction, and there is a tubular insert that points the exhaust down at the exit. I removed it for further examination and everything looks legit OEM. Does anyone have any insight on this part? It's driving me crazy. Thanks in advance!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,547 Posts
Is the bike imported to the US?
I think I have seen something like this on Japanese / Asian models

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After you said that, another quick google did come up with this article:
It indeed has the same exhaust tips.
However, mine has the US-spec rear turn signals/plate- not that someone couldn't have changed it though. The serial number makes sense, but there's no digit for country of sale, only origin as Bologna. Are there any other cues to determine the Asian spec bikes? Now I'm intrigued!

·
Registered
883 Posts
it looks like the tips that come with the Ducati mid footpegs set. They are supplied in the kit to divert heat away from the feet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts