Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks for posting that YouTube link. That is exactly what is happening to my bike. Damn.
I wish the dealer would warranty the brake failure and get Ducati to pony up for the Castrol React SRF brake fluid.
It seems like an easy fix to a widespread problem.
Seems like a safety issue as well.
I know that many Ducati owners just accept the fact that the rear brake is crap but that is no excuse for Ducati not doing the right thing and fixing this issue.
Fighting city hall?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It is a Ducati issue for sure. Even before I bought the XD. What came into mind is when you buy a motorcycle name like Ducati, you think of "premium". I thought I was getting that except when I depress the rear brake as it was on its last string. It's a scary afterthought but it's reality. Got my brakes bled last year and it still works, not 100% but I'll take it. Used the google search and couldn't believe it's a known issue on all Ducati bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi gentlemen. Having the same issue with oil coming out of that hose. Took it into the dealershipand the mechanic told me it was normal with the Diavels. Didn't really give me a reason as to why it happens. Found a new guy in Milton that works on all the Italian bikes that will be checking it out for me but not till April 24th. Hopefully we don't have a serious issue in our hands.
I'm late to the party in this thread but you need a new dealer. It's never normal for a motor to puke oil. That's absolute bullshit, unless it's overfilled with oil. Then that would make sense.

My new 1260S Diavel is in the shop now leaking oil from the airbox vent tube and they sent a report to Ducati to start trouble shooting it and are already talking about compression and leak down tests to confirm if there's a blow by issue. Don't let your dealer tell you leaking oil is normal, because it is not.

·
Registered
158 Posts
just to mention. When my dealer overfilled on my last service, the excess oil drained out of a tube that sits under the oil cooler. I talked to Ducati and they said that is what is supposed to occur on an overfill.

On a different occasion, I did have the exact same oil spray you showed in your pictures, Todd, and it was a cracked oil blow-by piece that they replaced under warranty. Have not had that happen again....

hope you don't see it again!
hoping that's my issue, but I do have to say that that is a really really stupid design to dump overflow oil right in front of the rear tire. That airbox vent tube should have a catch can or something if the manufacturer is at all aware of users having oil leak from there.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I'm late to the party in this thread but you need a new dealer. It's never normal for a motor to puke oil. That's absolute bullshit, unless it's overfilled with oil. Then that would make sense.

My new 1260S Diavel is in the shop now leaking oil from the airbox vent tube and they sent a report to Ducati to start trouble shooting it and are already talking about compression and leak down tests to confirm if there's a blow by issue. Don't let your dealer tell you leaking oil is normal, because it is not.
^^^^Right you are Battlesnail!
My shit ain't leaked a drop of oil so far in 34K miles.

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,726 Posts
That airbox vent tube should have a catch can or something
It should have a plug. Does yours not? The plug should be removed and the tube drained periodically. If left unplugged it allows unfiltered air into the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my annual service done at the dealer and after a couple of rides 158 miles later I notice I have an oil leak.
Total mileage 5515 miles. It seems to be on the right side of engine. It has splashed up on silver part of swing arm carrier, and
looking further, pics show it coming from somewhere underneath. Is this a simple case of an overfill getting blown out?
If so, is the air filter compromised? Or do I have a real problem? It's Sunday and I will call the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.
Reid, what say you?
Thanks all
Went out and squeezed the rubber breather hose? it is definitely wet inside as well. I think the oil might be coming from there.
The bike is hot now so I can't really check the oil level. When it is upright the oil window is almost completely full, hot.
My wife took the picture as I held the bike straight up, the oil is just below the little hole up top, way above the two level lines on the case. (hot)
Hi Toddhollander

I have the same oil leak in my xdiavel.
How was the oil leak repaired in your xdiavel?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine did same thing after oil change. Filter was not tight enough. Dealer tightened it again and no issues. If over filled it could also be coming from the puke tube underneath toward the front of rhe bike.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts