Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts

Hey there
I'll be making a small run of tidy tail brackets next year for the Xdiavel only. Anybody interested in one let me know. I can also fit it if required. Only disadvantage, if you have the Ducati backrest fitted, you will loose. Sorry you cant have them both.
I'm using the original electric cable, its the perfect length, it just gets rerouted. I also use all the original lights (the same indicator, brake light, tail light an numberplate light). The bracket will cost between $100 and $200 It takes about 4 hours to fit. Maybe less. You are welcome to help or stay. you will get all the original part. The tail and the guard can all be refitted if necessary.
Cheers KDB

Attachments

· Registered
42 Posts
Thanks guys for all the rearend-ideas here!

Ordered the custom-led kit right away & might opt to leave out toilet seat (????) alltogether...

Have been driving my Vmax like that since 2001. Mainly in the dry though!!

Attachments

· Registered
42 Posts
That looks way better to my eyes. Nice job!
I actually had your XDS in mind Todd while visioning my 'solution'...

Got a Ducati connector & soldered it to the new LED light. Then shrinkwrapped it all to become watertight. All ready now!

Attachments

· Registered
150 Posts
I really didn't like the rear US turn signals so it was the Custom LED module for me. I removed the rear fender as well and think that this is far as I will go.
So far the wet stuff hasn't really bothered me. I can always put the fender back on with 4 bolts, if I change my mind.
What did you do with the cables that fed the vertical blinkers either side of the plate mount ?

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
When you unplug the wires to the signals, just tape them up to avoid corrosion and tuck them in the space under the license plate. This way I have a legal license plate light. Obviously I left that wire plugged in.

· Registered
8,359 Posts
Has anyone done anything about adding an underseat fender? I did the fender eliminator but now my back gets soaked every time it rains.
LoL! I had to learn the hard/dirty way myself...that toilet lid looking rear fender part actually has a function.

· Registered
76 Posts
The eliminator choices look great.

Part of riding a hooligan bike is getting dirty. You could get one of these, LOL

I completely agree if you want comfort, warmth, and protection from the elements go buy a goldwing. Otherwise suck it up buttercup, deal with a little dirt/water, and look and feel like a real man. ha ha

· Registered
152 Posts
Now that I look at the pics the plate looks off center but it is not. I guess it is the angle. I replaced the the 2 8mm bolt holes under the seat with 8x40 mm bolts and 23 mm sleeve between the underseat and the license plate. I slotted the holes in the top of the license plate on both side by 10 mm.

Attachments

· Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the great tip! Else my hand could have stuck in there. Took close to an hour for me, it sure is tight under the seat. Below are my setting:

1) running light brightness to "1"
2) brake modulator - left it at "1" (four flashes,solid for 3 seconds, repeat), will eventually try out the "Blaster X" or "Max strobe" some day

As for the fender (splash-guard), I took the middle ground and chopped off the top portion. I think it function well to block off small rocks/stones (and still showcase the fat tire), which might land on the belt. That was my main concern, not the wet stuffs.
Interesting idea. Hey that middle light or reflector looks great. Is that aftermarket or is your bike a newer year and that's stock?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts