Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really didn't like the rear US turn signals so it was the Custom LED module for me. I removed the rear fender as well and think that this is far as I will go.
So far the wet stuff hasn't really bothered me. I can always put the fender back on with 4 bolts, if I change my mind.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,789 Posts
So you did'nt go for the european version either ;)

Looks clean !

· Registered
1,054 Posts
@ToddHollander - Funny I took the same approach with the CustomLED kit. I was contemplating the Rizoma side mounted plate holder -just not sold on the side mount aesthetically.
It's a free mod and it looks good as well. Also with the custom led module it looks so much cleaner. The New Rage side mount I leave it in the vertical position. A lot sturdier than in the horizontal position. And rule of thumb. Do not use the plastic screws that came with the kit. I'm on my second license plate, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,359 Posts
looks good. thats my next mod. 175 for the side mount kit is outrageous.
That's an understatement! Aesthetics or Functionality??? After the first poor bastard (like myself) realizes the functionality of the mud guard assmbly after first wet street, or unforeseen rain storm ?

Take your pick?

safe/calm

· Registered
1,054 Posts
That's an understatement! Aesthetics or Functionality??? After the first poor bastard (like myself) realizes the functionality of the mud guard assmbly after first wet street, or unforeseen rain storm ?

Take your pick?

safe/calm
Definitely Aesthetics, caught myself in the rain a few days ago. My kreiga r35, my jacket and the back of my helmet was all wet. But all in all the rear of my bike looks BADASS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I rode my XDS in the rain the other day my whole bike got dirty! I was surprised that there really wasn't that big of a difference w/o the mudguard in place. The back of my helmet was spattered a bit but really nothing a quick wipe couldn't take care of. I always wash the bike after getting caught in the rain anyhow. This bike is my sport bike, if I was touring with it, I would keep the mudguard on all the time. I really do like the look of the tire w/o the guard though.

· Registered
392 Posts
I admit I like the look. I am considering the integrated rear turn signals to clean it up a little bit but I’ll keep my mud flap. I think you still get a great view of the tire with the flap on and it just blends in with the tire if you blurr your eyes a little 😉

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I admit I like the look. I am considering the integrated rear turn signals to clean it up a little bit but I'll keep my mud flap. I think you still get a great view of the tire with the flap on and it just blends in with the tire if you blurr your eyes a little ������
I agree and when / if I decide to really use this bike on long trips, I will reinstall the mudflap.
Right now she is just my hooligan bike and god damn, she is good at it!
I am loving this bike so much that I am beginning to understand the "tolerance" we all have when things go wrong. My bike is broken again, flashing triangle and ABS icon. I almost don't care, they will fix it and I'll drive it until they do, enjoying every minute. OMG, am I tuning into a Ducatista?
I guess the down side of this is when the bike is broken AND undriveable. That will suck.

· Registered
392 Posts
I completely understand. I have a second bike for touring but lately I’m even using the XD for that. I don’t know, I may be addicted to this bike. I thought it would fade but going on two years, 15k miles and the urge to hop on this bike is still strong. Yep a frickin addict.

· Registered
248 Posts
did my custom led mod today. took about 30 minutes going very slow reading every step twice. very simple really there is 1 mod box and 2 wiring harnesses. the rear harness is super simple and the front harness is not bad either instructions are on their website. i did remove the factory turn signals and mud guard. a lot of you keep saying its worth keeping on. i still don't agree with that. i drove through an area after it had rained and the road was still wet. my back was soaked in 2 minutes. wet is wet IMO might as well look good while doing it lol.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi toddhollander,
I just bought the kit from a forum member here. Do you have any tips or lesson learned during the installation that would help make my installation easier? The instruction doesn't look too bad, I'm guessing an hour of work?
Appreciate any advice you could provide........
Yes actually I do have a "tip", and I even sent pics and an email to Custom LED.
I found it almost impossible with my big hands, or the way my bike's wiring was secured, to access, unplug, and splice in the front wiring harness under the tank. I found a nice work around though. I was able to push the under tank connector out through the side of the bike between the "scissors" and the frame to unplug the connector and then splice the harness into it OUTSIDE the bike. naturally, I had to thread the new connector out there too. pics show it!
Hope this helps.

Attachments

· Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the great tip! Else my hand could have stuck in there. Took close to an hour for me, it sure is tight under the seat. Below are my setting:

1) running light brightness to "1"
2) brake modulator - left it at "1" (four flashes,solid for 3 seconds, repeat), will eventually try out the "Blaster X" or "Max strobe" some day

As for the fender (splash-guard), I took the middle ground and chopped off the top portion. I think it function well to block off small rocks/stones (and still showcase the fat tire), which might land on the belt. That was my main concern, not the wet stuffs.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts