Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I totally agree with you wanting to be different for sure. But then again like Noggie said our bike is so low volume I only ever met another guy locally with same bike so I’m cool with that haha. I went for a ride today at 1C...couldn’t even feel my hand anymore wish I had the heated grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
I totally agree with you wanting to be different for sure. But then again like Noggie said our bike is so low volume I only ever met another guy locally with same bike so I'm cool with that haha. I went for a ride today at 1C...couldn't even feel my hand anymore wish I had the heated grips.
That's a cold ride, lol. Heated grips are bomb on cold rides xpandable and they are worth it!! I'd take your weather any day to what we currently have in Alberta. It's been -40 degrees Celsius within the last three days. When my bike was under warranty I wanted to get aftermarket parts that did NOT VOID THE WARRANTY. Hence why I went with the termis. The Zard exhaust is nice but you have to find a competent shop to install and work out the custom tune. There are currently no shops where I'm located and I don't need the headache either. Also the price tag on the termi's are ludacris so you won't find many owners with the kit. I think I've seen 4 xdiavels in total last summer and it's nice to have a bike that's not common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Rizoma now makes the adapter for our bike for rear passenger pegs. Got them on today now it flows a bit better with front pegs. Also finally got around to put on Luimoto's tank leaf I got on black friday sale. It is meant for 848 but the closest shape to my liking. I think it looked just okay tho...

God knows when my ilmberger CF pieces will ever show up...3 more months it would have been 1 year...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, nice looking diavel, I am looking at getting the evotech frame sliders, but can't get a straight answer over the torque for the frame bots. Would you remember what you used.

thanks
chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi, nice looking diavel, I am looking at getting the evotech frame sliders, but can't get a straight answer over the torque for the frame bots. Would you remember what you used.

thanks
chris
Yeah when I was installing them, I couldn't find a definite answer for the torque spec too. In the end I went with 90nm I believe. It was either 60 or 90nm If my memory is correct. I did ask Ducati, but they also couldnt find the torque spec clearly in the system. I have had them on for a year now, no issue.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah when I was installing them, I couldn't find a definite answer for the torque spec too. In the end I went with 90nm I believe. It was either 60 or 90nm If my memory is correct. I did ask Ducati, but they also couldnt find the torque spec clearly in the system. I have had them on for a year now, no issue.
On a Yamaha I had the same bolts were 100nm.
But using standard torque should be OK, my guess is that this is 8.8 or 9.8 grade bolts.
If this is an M10 both you are looking at 60-65nm, if a M12 you are around 100-110nm.
I know the bolt on the black mount in front of the seat is a M10, because that is where my Constands adapter is mounted.
The ones in the trellis frame looks a little bigger so my gut feeling is M12.

I guess what I'm saying is that 90nm is probably OK, but 100nm is probably where you want to be.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Hi folks, I thought I would also start a build thread like what Noggie did to share with everyone what have I done to my 2020 as well. Hopefully more people can share what they have done to their bikes too. I picked most of my mods in black theme with hint of red just to keep it not too flashy. My goal is to remove all silvery bits, replace black plastic with all CF. With COVID, some parts took a long time to come, my Rizoma billet fairing took almost 5 months and I am still waiting for ilmberger CF pieces...it's been half a year now.

Currently on bike:

-Ducati Performance CF Headlight Shroud
-Ducati Performance CF Front Mudguard
-Ducati Performance CF Rear Mudguard
-Ducati Performance Alarm (Maybe it's not really a mod lol)
-Ducati Performance Tank Protector

-Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover
-Ducabike Clutch Pressure Plate
-Ducabike Spring Hold Down Plate
-Ducabike Oil Filler Plug
-Ducabike Clutch and Brake Reservoir Cap
-Ducabike Coolant Reservoir Cap
-Ducabike Swingarm Plug
-Ducabike Rear Wheel Nut
-Ducabike Drive Flange
-Ducabike Drive Flange Nut
-Ducabike Clutch Slave Cylinder(Piston seal busted, off bike now)
-Ducabike Clutch Control w/ Adjustable Pegs
-Ducabike Brake Control w/ Adjustable Pegs

-Rizoma OEM levers
-Rizoma Sport Grips
-Rizoma Bar End
-Rizoma Billet Front Fairing
-Rizoma Front Fork Slider
-Rizoma Mirrors
-Rizoma Rear Brake Reservoir
-Rizoma Gas Cap

-Evotech Radiator Guard
-Evotech Oil Cooler Guard
-Evotech Frame Slider
-Evotech Rear Axle Slider

-Drive System Sprocket
-Drive System Sprocket Carrier
-EK 3D Chain in Black/Rose Gold
-Luimoto Seat Cover
-Throttle Spacer
-Termi Exhaust
-Brembo 484 Calipers
-TPMS
-Quadlock Mount

On Order:

ilmberger CF Tire Mudguard
ilmberger CF Exhaust Shield
ilmberger CF Swingarm Cover
ilmberger CF Timing Chain Cover
ilmberger CF Wire Covers
Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder
EBC Brake Pads for Rear Caliper
Luimoto Tank Leaf
I'm thinking of getting the Luimoto cover and gel pack (maybe a custom design) rather than the comfort seat plus cover. After a longer ride recently the stock seat starts to feel a lot firmer. What's your review of the Luimoto seat, comfort and quality wise, and did you add the gel pack?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those are 90Nm +/-5% according to Service Manual.
Remember to apply Grease B !!! This is important as lack of it changes final torque significantly and those bolts are "security related".

Shame on Ducati Dealer if they really couldn't find that value. It is clearly stated

BR
DARc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, would you have a copy of the 1260 service manual, been trying to find oue for a while.

thanks
chris
Unfortunately this time I can not help with this as my copy is watermarked all over it and I paid for it officially at Ducati RMI portal (a little and this is not the point).
For legal reasons I can only use it and help others with some pieces of it but not as a whole copy.

If you register on RMI Ducati portal you can buy access to any service manual of last years models (they are obligated to provide this info but... not for free).

BR
DARc

·
Registered
Ducati Diavel 1260S 2019
27 Posts
Thanks and totally understand, would an hour's subscription be enough to to find and purchase the service manual?

thanks
chris
Don't bother. I just tried a EUR 7 subscription. There's no workshop manuals available for any diavel model as far as I can see - just parts catalogues and flat rate tables. Pretty useless.

@DARc - how are you seeing a service manual? I can't see any for any Diavel model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well... first time I have registered and paid access to RMI portal, I had similar experience = some less important documents only, despite many models browsed.
After some contact with support staff (email) they tried to "fix the problem" recommending me different usual support advices (change browser, clear cache and so on).
After few unsuccessful attempts I have left them bitter comment asking for refund or solving the issue and few days later they contacted me to try again and... everything worked = every bike I looked at had many documents, service manual including, mostly with many releases having different dates (like revisions) and some of them as one file while service manual and some as separate chapters.
But just to warn you - it is subscription based ACCESS to documentation ... NOT download list. You can view them within customized web page and print single pages (watermarked).
There is some possibilities anyway ;)

BR Dariusz

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well, I have decided to cancel the ilmberger CF pieces I ordered since they never gave me an update since January...it's a shame. It's been almost a year and still nothing.

and this happened last week...soooo my exhaust is up for sale if anyone is interested. I posted in the for sale section here: https://www.diavel-f...ignoni-exhaust/

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Just wondering if the cops are chasing the Harleys as well? They would have a busy time here in Ontario!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I had the baffles in. Here in Vancouver we have no way of fighting vehicle inspection ticket from cops. They can write you up as they see please. Alot of people got VI'd these 2 weeks because the weather was nice. Oh well.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts