Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Am sure the termi will be a big improvement... looks, weight and most importantly the up map from Ducati and IMO the only option, think it looks even better when ceramic coated which is something I would want to do before fitting, I’ve looked at the dB extra extensions to just take the bark out but unfortunately they are not available here in the U.K....police here in my area are very hot on motorcycle noise so would need them before purchasing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have 3300km on mine this year, I hope the Termi exhaust/tune makes a huge difference, not just in sound.
I guess the flap in the stock exhaust is mostly what they need to compensate for.
My BMW was running on very lean values under 3000rpm using a closed loop AFR/Lambda system keep in within emissions. With that gone and more fuel, it was night and day.
I guess a piggyback system like a Powercommander or Bazzaz will be possible on the Diavel.
...... Not sure I would want an aftermarket piggyback system just just, the Diavel has a lot of rider aids, which could be compromised plus the exhaust valve would need sorting I guess

·
Registered
875 Posts
...... Not sure I would want an aftermarket piggyback system just just, the Diavel has a lot of rider aids, which could be compromised plus the exhaust valve would need sorting I guess
A rapid bike evo module solves all of the fuelling issues plus if you wish to remove the exhaust flapper valve you can unplug it and plug in an emulator available from many suppliers. I use the Healtech one. Note that the flapper valve is only fitted for noise purposes and does not affect the fuelling. I can confirm that this mod solves the snatching and surging issues associated with all motorcycles running leaner to meet the current emissions laws

Nothing on the bike is compromised as you say. I fitted to my 2016 XDiavel and can't be sure if Rapid bike do one for the Diavel 1260 but suspect that they do as the engine is pretty much the same

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi..you may be correct but I am talking about the 2020 1260 Diavel not the XDiavel ....the flapper valve ads to the torque so removal will effect it although the healtech may well sort that out.....perhaps someone with a rapid bike evo fitted to their 1260 Diavel can give their feedback, my understanding is the 2020 ecu's are different ..not trying to be smart because I really don't know enough and certainly not in disagreement...great that we are getting a discussion going, this forum can be slow....
ps I'm only down the road from Peterborough.

·
Registered
875 Posts
1220811[/URL]']
Hi..you may be correct but I am talking about the 2020 1260 Diavel not the XDiavel ....the flapper valve ads to the torque so removal will effect it although the healtech may well sort that out.....perhaps someone with a rapid bike evo fitted to their 1260 Diavel can give their feedback, my understanding is the 2020 ecu's are different ..not trying to be smart because I really don't know enough and certainly not in disagreement...great that we are getting a discussion going, this forum can be slow....
ps I'm only down the road from Peterborough.
I have just confirmed that they do use the same Bosch ME17 ecu. II was aware that this is the Diavel 2020 forum but the engines are the same . The flapper valve though does not contribute anything to the torque it is only for noise and if and when you remove the exhaust and run the bike. You will see that the flapper valve default position is open and only shuts for a short while around the 5k rpm mark where they check the noise levels. This valve is nothing like some other manufacturers who have fitted exhaust valves for torque purposes. Fitting the Ducati Termignoni system means that this valve is removed anyway and any other exhaust system would see this being removed
On another note I own a memobike 6950 full diagnostics unit. So in the event that you have any issues feel free to contact me so that I can help you out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have just confirmed that they do use the same Bosch ME17 ecu. II was aware that this is the Diavel 2020 forum but the engines are the same . The flapper valve though does not contribute anything to the torque it is only for noise and if and when you remove the exhaust and run the bike. You will see that the flapper valve default position is open and only shuts for a short while around the 5k rpm mark where they check the noise levels. This valve is nothing like some other manufacturers who have fitted exhaust valves for torque purposes. Fitting the Ducati Termignoni system means that this valve is removed anyway and any other exhaust system would see this being removed
On another note I own a memobike 6950 full diagnostics unit. So in the event that you have any issues feel free to contact me so that I can help you out.
On my bike the vale is open at idle, then closes and opens again at 4000rpm.
The added back pressure of a closed valve will make a difference to the engine mapping, hence the re-map need with the Termi that is valveless.
This is to keep the sound down at city speeds and cruise, which I do like, but this bike needs to be heard, especially since I have been making mine look better, it also needs to sounds better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Throttle spacers ordered.

Do they take out some of the on/off throttle jerkiness?
That is probably my biggest issue with this bike, rolling off throttle and just hitting that engine brake rather than "coasting".
Unfortunately they do not. They just removed the throttle play. Make sure you get used to it after install because a slight twist of throttle will get the bike going lol. Once you have the Termi map flashed, all the jerkiness will be gone. I just wish they look better...why didnt they just do twin muffler like stock on side? I had billet end cap on my stock pipe and I miss the look..

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Dandeano.....my mistake! You are correct the valve does seem to be there to reduce noise, this is my first Ducati and I mistakenly thought it was some sort of exup valve to increase torque so my apologies...... I have spoken to performance parts who are the main distribution for rapid bike evo in the U.K. who say it’s not available for the 2020 1260 Diavel also BSD in Peterborough U.K. say they cannot reflash the ecu yet....... so sadly at the moment if anyone wishes to reduce the snatch a termi with the Ducati up map is there only option but of course that system is not for road use here in the U.K. 🙂..... maybe when things get back to normal we can meet up for a coffee guess I’m only 20 miles away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Dandeano.....my mistake! You are correct the valve does seem to be there to reduce noise, this is my first Ducati and I mistakenly thought it was some sort of exup valve to increase torque so my apologies...... I have spoken to performance parts who are the main distribution for rapid bike evo in the U.K. who say it’s not available for the 2020 1260 Diavel also BSD in Peterborough U.K. say they cannot reflash the ecu yet....... so sadly at the moment if anyone wishes to reduce the snatch a termi with the Ducati up map is there only option but of course that system is not for road use here in the U.K. 🙂..... maybe when things get back to normal we can meet up for a coffee guess I’m only 20 miles away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It is, I've had mine for the last two years on the XD, just two finger pulls on the clutch all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's cool! Interesting fact is that XD's slave and 1260 aren't interchangeable. The bolt pattern is different. Honestly if I were compare this to Ducabike, this Oberon is still harder to pull. I am cool with it though because it looks good haha. Ducabike leaked after about 1000km on it is just not acceptable.

·
Registered
903 Posts
That's cool! Interesting fact is that XD's slave and 1260 aren't interchangeable. The bolt pattern is different. Honestly if I were compare this to Ducabike, this Oberon is still harder to pull. I am cool with it though because it looks good haha. Ducabike leaked after about 1000km on it is just not acceptable.
Good to know, I've read great reviews on the Oberon and found a company two provinces away selling it. I would be a little upset too with ducabike, not cheap and they make awesome stuff for our bikes. Will they even warranty the defective one? I was having issues with the notorious "no rear brakes" and bought a litre of the Castrol SRF fluid. Used that for the brakes and clutch and smooth like clutch pulls. Also changed out to shorty Pazzo levers, it was like night and day improvement

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Good to know, I've read great reviews on the Oberon and found a company two provinces away selling it. I would be a little upset too with ducabike, not cheap and they make awesome stuff for our bikes. Will they even warranty the defective one? I was having issues with the notorious "no rear brakes" and bought a litre of the Castrol SRF fluid. Used that for the brakes and clutch and smooth like clutch pulls. Also changed out to shorty Pazzo levers, it was like night and day improvement

Well we sent them an email and picture, no response at all so far since middle of December. Oh well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
First off thanks to xpandabl3 for his build list lots of info to use . This is my first Ducati and wanted to have something different. I built a 2000 Harley Softail into a 124 Cubic Inch NOS monster with a 240 fat tire that was smooth up to 142mph + so this is going to be a lot of fun. Parts for my 2000 was simple this one not so much a year latter and I cant get what I'm looking for . Is this the Norm? rapid bike has the Tuner I want but not for my bike. it looks like everybody is going with Termigoni exhaust , I have looked into others and found one but with out the tune its going to be crap.

·
Registered
194 Posts
First off thanks to xpandabl3 for his build list lots of info to use . This is my first Ducati and wanted to have something different. I built a 2000 Harley Softail into a 124 Cubic Inch NOS monster with a 240 fat tire that was smooth up to 142mph + so this is going to be a lot of fun. Parts for my 2000 was simple this one not so much a year latter and I cant get what I'm looking for . Is this the Norm? rapid bike has the Tuner I want but not for my bike. it looks like everybody is going with Termigoni exhaust , I have looked into others and found one but with out the tune its going to be crap.
Unfortunately the Diavel is not a high volume bike and the current model has been on the market for "just" 2 years.
Few tuners are willing to sink the money into development of different mods when the market is so small, they will probably never see their investment back unless it can be used of different models.

I have not seen any other 1260 Diavel other than mine in my area, and at bike meets with 2-300 bikes, there may be 1 or 2 other Diavels (Gen 1 or 2 and XDiavel).

Not sure if the dealer where I bought mine almost a year ago has sold any other 1260 Diavels. They are one of just 3 Ducati Dealers in the country.

The reason why most go with Termignini is because its a factory option and Ducati have a tune for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I'm hopping that someone from Rapid Bike sees this and thinks wow we should make a unit for this bike after all this is what we do. Not to say that I will be writing a few letters to them . I don't want to use Temignini I would like my bike to be set apart. to Map it on a Dyno is going to coast a little $$$$ to get t right.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts