Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi folks, I thought I would also start a build thread like what Noggie did to share with everyone what have I done to my 2020 as well. Hopefully more people can share what they have done to their bikes too. I picked most of my mods in black theme with hint of red just to keep it not too flashy. My goal is to remove all silvery bits, replace black plastic with all CF. With COVID, some parts took a long time to come, my Rizoma billet fairing took almost 5 months and I am still waiting for ilmberger CF pieces...it's been half a year now.

Currently on bike:

-Ducati Performance CF Headlight Shroud
-Ducati Performance CF Front Mudguard
-Ducati Performance CF Rear Mudguard
-Ducati Performance Alarm (Maybe it's not really a mod lol)
-Ducati Performance Tank Protector

-Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover
-Ducabike Clutch Pressure Plate
-Ducabike Spring Hold Down Plate
-Ducabike Oil Filler Plug
-Ducabike Clutch and Brake Reservoir Cap
-Ducabike Coolant Reservoir Cap
-Ducabike Swingarm Plug
-Ducabike Rear Wheel Nut
-Ducabike Drive Flange
-Ducabike Drive Flange Nut
-Ducabike Clutch Slave Cylinder(Piston seal busted, off bike now)
-Ducabike Clutch Control w/ Adjustable Pegs
-Ducabike Brake Control w/ Adjustable Pegs

-Rizoma OEM levers
-Rizoma Sport Grips
-Rizoma Bar End
-Rizoma Billet Front Fairing
-Rizoma Front Fork Slider
-Rizoma Mirrors
-Rizoma Rear Brake Reservoir
-Rizoma Gas Cap

-Evotech Radiator Guard
-Evotech Oil Cooler Guard
-Evotech Frame Slider
-Evotech Rear Axle Slider

-Drive System Sprocket
-Drive System Sprocket Carrier
-EK 3D Chain in Black/Rose Gold
-Luimoto Seat Cover
-Throttle Spacer
-Termi Exhaust
-Brembo 484 Calipers
-TPMS
-Quadlock Mount

On Order:

ilmberger CF Tire Mudguard
ilmberger CF Exhaust Shield
ilmberger CF Swingarm Cover
ilmberger CF Timing Chain Cover
ilmberger CF Wire Covers
Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder
EBC Brake Pads for Rear Caliper
Luimoto Tank Leaf

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,528 Posts
It's all about the details.

Nice to see other making moods on their Diavel. I need to receive my new bike before I can start.

What type/ name for the Rizoma mirrors?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice.

Good to se someone else making build thread, or posting in general

This Forum must be one of the slowest I have even been on in the last 20 years.

It's all in the details, too bad all this billet stuff is not cheap..... But you want to make the bike your own and not have a run of the mill bike either, at least I don't.

Bike looks great keep it up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice.

Good to se someone else making build thread, or posting in general

This Forum must be one of the slowest I have even been on in the last 20 years.

It's all in the details, too bad all this billet stuff is not cheap..... But you want to make the bike your own and not have a run of the mill bike either, at least I don't.

Bike looks great keep it up
Yeah I know, but there isn't any other Diavel forum, at least I cant find one. Ducat.ms is pretty dead as well for the Diavel section. I guess this beast isn't sold all that well compare to Panigale or Monster? Maybe it's just because of COVID.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah I know, but there isn't any other Diavel forum, at least I cant find one. Ducat.ms is pretty dead as well for the Diavel section. I guess this beast isn't sold all that well compare to Panigale or Monster? Maybe it's just because of COVID.
I would have thought Covid would bring more people to the forums.

I think you are right in the sales figures, this is not the most selling bike. I hardly see any around.
When I go the the weekly coffee meetups, there are 2-400 bikes there, maybe 3 Diavel's, 2 Gen 1 or 2, never saw another Gen 3 that mine this year.
Think these bikes are few and far between.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If one thinks only of Diavel 1260, then it has only been in the market for 2 seasons / year. So pretty fresh.

Many container the stock, or just mods made from dealer with oem parts. This is not a bike for the big "mass"

Ducati owners are super conservative, very definite opinions about everything and only like parts from the Ducati catalog.

Take for example the exhaust, it should be either Termi or Akropovic. I do not think I have seen any other Xdiavel with Zard exhaust in all of Scandinavia. I will be excited when I get the Diavel.

Keep up the good work guys and nice mods. Will not be so many on me in the future.
@Noggie, expect us to meet next time I'm on the west coast

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well unfortunately the new caliper is a no go unless I can fit a bigger master cylinder. It’s way too soft, almost need to pull 70% of the lever before it engages. We also spent 3 days bleeding. I was expecting to be softer just wasn’t this much. Stock MC is 16mm with M50 caliper at 30mm per piston. The .484 is 32mm. RCS17 or 19 will work but the lever hits the throttle housing. I would also need to get new reservoir as well, it would look weird if the clutch side isn’t a a separate reservoir as well so it’s a lot more work. My dealer is very nice and let me refund the caliper and put M50s back. Just gonna order Galfer rotors and EBC pads and call them a day. Last picture before it’s back to M50.....I really love the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Well unfortunately the new caliper is a no go unless I can fit a bigger master cylinder. It's way too soft, almost need to pull 70% of the lever before it engages. We also spent 3 days bleeding. I was expecting to be softer just wasn't this much. Stock MC is 16mm with M50 caliper at 30mm per piston. The .484 is 32mm. RCS17 or 19 will work but the lever hits the throttle housing.
Are you sure about the size for the master cylinder for 1260S ? I did some research when I also wanted to fit the .482 caliper on my Xdiavel... but ended up with M50

What about using the master cylinder from the regular 1260? The brake caliper are M4.32 so the pistion size will be 32 mm?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Have this M4.32 "leftovers " master cylinder, if of interest. But maybe long shipping time to Canada

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interesting topic being discussed, would like to add my thanks to xpandab13 and those who have posted...great to see this forum alive! Have to agreed it can be slow guess the bike is a little exclusive due to its premium price....... I purchased my 1200s April this year and love it, sadly because of c-19 and a hand operation ( carpal tunnel syndrome in both) I’ve only managed 1200 miles but have also added a few carbon bits including ordering a set of rapid tek carbon wheel which should be on the bike early next year due to a 3 month production lead time which I believe will make a big improvement to this already great bike, I have also had the suspension professionally set up which has softened the harsh ride... photos to follow asap

·
Registered
242 Posts
Throttle spacers ordered.

Do they take out some of the on/off throttle jerkiness?
That is probably my biggest issue with this bike, rolling off throttle and just hitting that engine brake rather than "coasting".

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep I have one on order also, suspect it will help but the problem is euro 4/5 emission laws plus fuel economy which makes modern bikes run lean, I’m no engineer but believe the snatch s caused by the ecu shutting off fuel when the throttle is closed then a rush of fuel when the throttle is opened causing the snatch, trouble is no one yet can reflash the ecu save Ducati when you purchase the termigoni exhaust...I traded a new Kawasaki z900rs to get the Diavel which also had a snatchy throttle until I had a reflash night and day difference

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yep I have one on order also, suspect it will help but the problem is euro 4/5 emission laws plus fuel economy which makes modern bikes run lean, I'm no engineer but believe the snatch s caused by the ecu shutting off fuel when the throttle is closed then a rush of fuel when the throttle is opened causing the snatch, trouble is no one yet can reflash the ecu save Ducati when you purchase the termigoni exhaust...I traded a new Kawasaki z900rs to get the Diavel which also had a snatchy throttle until I had a reflash night and day difference
My old -14 BMW S1000R was terrible at city speeds, bordeline unrideable and I often had to resort to 1st gear up to 40kph, that turned out to be because it was running so lean under 3000rpm to comply with emissions.
Had an exhaust put on it and a Bazzaz unit with a custom tune, and all of the sudden it was smooth in all gears at all speeds.
Have the Termi with reflash sitting on the shelf at my Ducati dealer, will take the bike there in January/February to have the work done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes all manufacturers now have to run their bikes lean to pass emission laws, I suspect the termi and up flash will cure a lot of the on/off throttle maybe because they enrich the fuelling and that’s why the termi is stamped not for road use?...but I admit not knowing enough about it, certainly the termigoni exhaust is on my wish list but I would like a few more miles on the clock first Ducati have been clever not allowing aftermarket tuners access into 2020 ecu’s

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes all manufacturers now have to run their bikes lean to pass emission laws, I suspect the termi and up flash will cure a lot of the on/off throttle maybe because they enrich the fuelling and that's why the termi is stamped not for road use?...but I admit not knowing enough about it, certainly the termigoni exhaust is on my wish list but I would like a few more miles on the clock first Ducati have been clever not allowing aftermarket tuners access into 2020 ecu's
I have 3300km on mine this year, I hope the Termi exhaust/tune makes a huge difference, not just in sound.
I guess the flap in the stock exhaust is mostly what they need to compensate for.
My BMW was running on very lean values under 3000rpm using a closed loop AFR/Lambda system keep in within emissions. With that gone and more fuel, it was night and day.
I guess a piggyback system like a Powercommander or Bazzaz will be possible on the Diavel.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts