Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think filters make a huge difference. On a flow bench they look better when subjected to massive flow. Gone down this path so many times over the years with various bikes and cars. Pod filters sometimes change characteristics especially when a long intake tract is removed but really it just moves the power up the curve a bit.

Just as an example on an XD. Lets say is 1.3 liter capacity. Assume efficiency is 100% which it isn't. 1.3 liters @10,000 rpm is 13000 liters, and being a 4 stroke only half the capacity required so 7500 liters. 27 liters per cubic foot so 277 cubic foot per minute. Reality says its far less and I'd be surprised if it needs any more than 150 at full tilt but I'm not an engine expert. Graph looks impressive but if you ran it with the actual air volume needed on an XD I doubt the pressure drop over any of the filters would be measurable.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Yeah, I don't think you'll notice much difference, honestly. I didn't notice anything even with the Openflash Tune I have in mine. It is nice to be able to clean the filter instead of buying a new one every time though so it's not a complete wast of money.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ... I know that air filter has minimal effect (increase) But as long as it's only a few percent better, I try. Anyway, just a filter for about $ 70-80 and not those high expensive for $ 200-220

1 - 5 of 5 Posts