Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just about to order a new set of tyres....

Whats the general consensus of the new michelins?

·
Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,725 Posts
So far it looks like the Michelin rear is wearing better (lasting longer) than the Pirelli.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I will go with the Michelin.

Reactions: descb600f

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have had the Michelin's for about 300+ Miles and they seem to work very well.
Time will definitely tell, especially for me in September, Riding from NC to AZ

·
Registered
831 Posts
Had the Michies on for 600kms.
At this stage, finding them not quite as confidence inspiring as the Pirellis. Perhaps its the fact that they tip into the corners more easily. Might just need to adjust my riding style.
Actually, front seems OK, its just the back seems a little squeamish, might try playing with the tyre pressures.
Else, thumbs up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just put them on mine...
Love them...
Turn in more precise...
Ride a little better...
My opinion just as grippy when warm.
Been rather hot in Chicagoland as of late!

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Had the Michies on for 600kms.
At this stage, finding them not quite as confidence inspiring as the Pirellis. Perhaps its the fact that they tip into the corners more easily. Might just need to adjust my riding style.
Actually, front seems OK, its just the back seems a little squeamish, might try playing with the tyre pressures.
Else, thumbs up.
Not a goddamn squeamish thing wrong with your back Michy Bud........

It's either all in your mind, differences in tire pressure, or you're not holding your tongue right.

From all the positive responses, I'm excited...bout another 1-2K to go...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Not a goddamn squeamish thing wrong with your back Michy Bud........

It's either all in your mind, differences in tire pressure, or you're not holding your tongue right.

From all the positive responses, I'm excited...bout another 1-2K to go...
Thank you master of all knowledge, without your insight, I was blind but now I see........my tongue! I've been having to bite it recently because of some newby dickwad.
I will go forth and spread the word.

PS. Unfortunately, being the middle of winter and this Sundays weather forecast in Sydney is 66 F with no clouds, we are able to ride our bikes.
Once again, unfortunately, the National Park that I tend to ride through is accumulating moss on the road and if you pick the wrong line, the bike tends to get a bike loosey-goosey.
Oh well, ATGATT!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do not understand all the fuss.
The Michelins can be had for less than $400.00
I paid $430.00 mounted and balanced.
20g bike...
If you need tires I recommend trying them...
Not much at stake.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well, got to admit it, I feel a lot more confident on the Michies now their scrubbed in..
Went for a ride down through Jamberoo and up to Robertson (then back to Sydney) yesterday pushed the bike harder than I have ever before.
Held my tongue right (for the benefit of Rex), but simply changed my riding style and allowed the bike to go where it wanted and pushed.
Had a absolutely great ride, but it may have been one of those days where everything fell into place. No chugging out of corners in the wrong gear, no cooking corners, no wet patches on the road or balls of tree litter about.
See how things go when the planets don't align.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Fitting a set of Michies next week before a long ride from Adelaide to Canberra in Sept. Looking forward to seeing what difference they make in cornering (a lot of twisties near my place).

Reactions: fred and descb600f

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do not understand all the fuss.
The Michelins can be had for less than $400.00
I paid $430.00 mounted and balanced.
20g bike...
If you need tires I recommend trying them...
Not much at stake.
Sammy , thats a good price where did you have it done?

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I suppose it's time for me to chime in. I have to say that I think the Pirellis suck. My front tire was severely cupped by 2000 miles and the picture below is my rear @ 4000 miles. (I'll try to get a picture of the front) I'm religious about checking pressures and TC is always set to at least 1. The rear always seemed to take a while to warm up. Even on a warm day, if the bike sat somewhere for a bit, the tire would spin up easily for the next 5 miles or so. Anyway, I've always ran Michelins. Mostly Pilot Roads and Powers. My last 5 bikes, (Magna, Warrior, ZRX, VFR, Blackbird) all had them at some point and wore perfectly. Easily getting 5000+ miles on the rear and more for the front. Zero cupping.
That being said, I have front and rear tires coming Friday. Hopefully I can get them mounted on Sat. $309 shipped from Jake Wilson. It goes without saying that the bike will handle 10x better with any new tire. I'll report back in a couple weeks with an update.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts