Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pls tell me Daisy, differences in performance Diavel vs cbr1000rr?

No doubt the Honda has higher top end, but how much quicker is it vs Diavel, say quarter mile e.t. or approx 150mph?

Which bike delivers most fun factor?

safe/calm
Hey Rex, performance wise they are totally different animals.
The Diavel is more raw in its power delivery it would beat the Blade off the line but the Blade would rain it in over the quarter.
For me I have them both for different purposes. The Duke for the comfort of a big day in the saddle and still have the ability to carve up the twistys. I also have the elespede quick release back rest for the missus.
The blade is just used for carving up the twistys as I am a pretty big bloke, 6ft 2 and 105 kgs. Fit not fat. I cant do big kms like I can on the Duke.
Both fun bikes and both give me a hard on.
But I cant see me living without the Diavel. Shes a keeper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My power RS just arrived. All stock suspension here (which I have to change if I don't change bikes). Was happy with the Michelin's previously once I got used to the lack of sudden drop off of the Pirelli. But unfortunately didn't have much time with them before they picked up a nail in the rear on my way in for service. I think it was planted. :-D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really need some data here. I have to say that with the stock tires the bike doesn't just "fall in" to a turn like my Hyperstrada and Panigale do. Most ALL of my riding is mountain roads and a lot of turns. I know the RS won't last long but I'll live with that. But it seems that SOME people prefer the Rosso II???

Don't care about wet. Don't care about wear....at least not much. The RS rear is only $219.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
^^^^^^My experiences....The Michy's are more robust, but I've found nothing outperforms Pirelli.
They stick like glue.
Cars and bikes alike.

In your case w/Diavel vs. Panigali/Hyperstrada around the twisties?
Takes more muscle to maneuver Diavel with 240 rear size tire.

I say go for the Michy, to prove my point.
At least it'll last longer.

safe/calm

·
Registered
440 Posts
In case I have sounded a little too "rah-rah" about the Power RS, I will say that at close to sea level (in this case Iowa, in heat mid- August) with a -1 front cog there is no tire on the planet that will not break loose in 1st & 2nd as well as 3rd if you are above 6K rpm. I had just received the bike directly from the dealer, rolled it into the trailer, and didn't ride again until 7K ft lower elevation. It was then that I realized the dealer had turned DTC on to level 4 as the bike felt like it was running like crap and backfiring all over the place day 1. Guy on R1 was pleased. Once I reset it to 0, where I prefer, the back tire might as well have been made of butter because that's what it felt like, at least on full throttle. My riding buddies were pretty amused at 3rd gear roll-ons as the back end slithered all over. Guy on R1 was not amused as I easily walked him off a light, however.

The sportys don't like me until 130+ when they catch up. Unless it's the Pani 959 who was kind enough to play tag with his fellow Ducatista in the canyon and give a thumbs up, hopefully not ironically.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just put on my second set of RS tires. Love them, but I hear chatter that they are going away, at least so far in Europe. Here they are still available. Anyone know for certain if the US will follow? Most likely, I would imagine.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,494 Posts
Okay, you know why? Small sales? Rosso III competition?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I know this is an old thread but it's the first result when I searched for Diavel tyres. I'm looking for your opinions on the tyres mentioned in this guide, it seems to know what it's talking about but I wanted to check some real world opinions first. Anyone here running the Rosso 3's?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I guess your dealer rather missed the mark, since recommended pressure is 2.5-2.6 bar (roughly 36-38 psi).

As for me, I do not think I'll be returning to Pirelli, having found both the Michelin PR and RS tires longer-lasting, more even-wearing, and with useful wear bars. I can appreciate that there may be an argument for the Pirellis by riders who seek the limits of cornering performance, but that isn't me. I want a tire that grips well, keeps its profile for more than 2400 miles, and doesn't surprise me with steel belts emerging ahead of the wear bars.
hi, tried michelin rain drops 3 or 4 times in corner i ended up like speedway rider with rear stepping out, not for me thought it might be rear shock gone at 23,000 miles so was pulling the trigger on maxton shock for a fix .my mate said go back to pirrellis before spending £800 so i did sorted first corner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I know this is an old thread but it's the first result when I searched for Diavel tyres. I'm looking for your opinions on the tyres mentioned in this guide, it seems to know what it's talking about but I wanted to check some real world opinions first. Anyone here running the Rosso 3's?
Rosso 3's are life changing.

Rosso 2's were scary in the dry and a nightmare in the wet. Hard to tip in, no confidence.

Got a set of Rosso 3's. Totally different tyre. Confidence insiping, so much feel and traction when cornering.

I'm on my second set of 3's now. Pretty happy with them! I leave sportys for dead in the twisties. I get the thumbs up from the confident sport bike riders who are mighty impressed with the Diavel's performance and handling.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts