Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled up with 91 octane as usual the other day, but the low fuel light won't turn off. I've rode twice since then, but the light stays on even though the tank is near full. The bike runs perfect with no hiccups or stalls or anything. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Filled up with 91 octane as usual the other day, but the low fuel light won't turn off. I've rode twice since then, but the light stays on even though the tank is near full. The bike runs perfect with no hiccups or stalls or anything. Any thoughts?
Fuel sensor might have gone bad, remember getting it changed once with in warranty!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Does the gauge read empty as well? If so probably the sensor. Common problem with ducati.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. I'll check with my local dealer. Unfortunately, I bought it used. The warranty is no longer in effect.

Does the gauge read empty as well? If so probably the sensor. Common problem with ducati.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive been looking aroud for this same problem. There are a lot of complaints about this. I just bought and am going to try the “bottle of techron” trick before i pull the trigger on parts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did the fuel treatment then switched to only shell Sunaco and marathon bran stations. It's worked pretty well. Sometimes it still reads crazy but then comes back. Before I did the treatment it didn't work at all for several tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. My BMW X3 had a conniption fit on vacation. Thought it was going to strand us along the highway. Called BMW tech manager. First thing he asks is where I last fueled up. Turns out, I must have got bad gas. Now, I never use anything but 91 octane from Chevron or Shell. I suppose the xdiavel has the same temperament. I'll go that route and see what happens.
THanks

I did the fuel treatment then switched to only shell Sunaco and marathon bran stations. It's worked pretty well. Sometimes it still reads crazy but then comes back. Before I did the treatment it didn't work at all for several tanks of fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts