Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled up with 91 octane as usual the other day, but the low fuel light won't turn off. I've rode twice since then, but the light stays on even though the tank is near full. The bike runs perfect with no hiccups or stalls or anything. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Filled up with 91 octane as usual the other day, but the low fuel light won't turn off. I've rode twice since then, but the light stays on even though the tank is near full. The bike runs perfect with no hiccups or stalls or anything. Any thoughts?
Fuel sensor might have gone bad, remember getting it changed once with in warranty!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. I'll check with my local dealer. Unfortunately, I bought it used. The warranty is no longer in effect.

Does the gauge read empty as well? If so probably the sensor. Common problem with ducati.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive been looking aroud for this same problem. There are a lot of complaints about this. I just bought and am going to try the “bottle of techron” trick before i pull the trigger on parts.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did the fuel treatment then switched to only shell Sunaco and marathon bran stations. It's worked pretty well. Sometimes it still reads crazy but then comes back. Before I did the treatment it didn't work at all for several tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. My BMW X3 had a conniption fit on vacation. Thought it was going to strand us along the highway. Called BMW tech manager. First thing he asks is where I last fueled up. Turns out, I must have got bad gas. Now, I never use anything but 91 octane from Chevron or Shell. I suppose the xdiavel has the same temperament. I'll go that route and see what happens.
THanks

I did the fuel treatment then switched to only shell Sunaco and marathon bran stations. It's worked pretty well. Sometimes it still reads crazy but then comes back. Before I did the treatment it didn't work at all for several tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can finally come back with 2 tanks of findings after the techron treatment.
tank one…. After treatment indicated normal after sitting a week with high concetrationl. I rode for 60 miles, topped off with exxon 93… worked well through the rest of the tank
tank two: refueled at 1/4 tank and has continued to indicate good most of the time. Occasionally i will get fluctuating indications, but the usually come back within 2 minutes.

I will continue to add some techron when the bike will sit for a few days to let the magic happen.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just replaced the fuel sensor on my 2018 XDiavel. It seems they all go bad (some within a few hundred miles).

·
Registered
6 Posts
你好!

我是Johnny Chen,来自中国。很高兴认识你。我们制造用于 ADBLUE、水和燃料的传感器以及用于汽车和船只的许多仪表
我们还有许多其他用于卡车和汽车的传感器和备件。我们有 17 年的工作经验。如果您有任何问题,请与我们联系!
感谢和问候
联系人:Johnny chen
深圳市碧天蓝环保科技有限公司电话
:+86 178 2063 4453
WeChat&Whatsapp+8617820634453
Email1:[email protected]
Email2:[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

I am Johnny Chen and from China. Very happy to meet you. We manufatuerer the sensors for ADBLUE&water & fuel and many gauges for car and boat
and we have many other sensor and spare part for the trucks and cars .and we have 17 years experience of the work .If you have any question please kindy to contact with us!
Thanks & regards
ShenZhen Bi Tian Lan Environmental Protection Technology Co., Ltd
Tell:+86 178 2063 4453

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

I am Johnny Chen and from China. Very happy to meet you. We manufatuerer the sensors for ADBLUE&water & fuel and many gauges for car and boat
and we have many other sensor and spare part for the trucks and cars .and we have 17 years experience of the work .If you have any question please kindy to contact with us!
Thanks & regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive been looking aroud for this same problem. There are a lot of complaints about this. I just bought and am going to try the “bottle of techron” trick before i pull the trigger on parts.
Hello!

Thanks & regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts