Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the arm that holds the licence and indicators today.

I could have left it where it was as its not that bad IMO however I really didn't like that extra weight and its about 2kgs hanging off the swing arm.

I bought a generic powder coated fender eliminator off ebay to test/modify for about $65 plus shipping. Came to 80AUD. Then shortly there after came across a billet one for $32 shipped WTF. It has 7 machined components plus bolts. How they make and sell that cheap is beyond me however being as it looks much better I started with the billet one. Came with a licence plate light too.

I also used a set of Rizoma Club S indicators that can be wired for running, brake and indicators simultaneously but I'm only using them as brake and indicators lights at the moment.

It bolts using the two bolts that are removed when changing to the sissy bar. Stock bolts were to short so some longer ones did the trick as well as a couple nuts as spacers to keep the bracket off the plastic.

Had to grind the angle of the bracket a bit and retap some threads to keep it up high but nothing major.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could probably get a bit more clearance and lower the plate a little with a rear ride height adjuster. I've seen them in the accessories catalog and online there are billet ones but I don't know if they fit the XD. I'd like the jack up the rear around 10mm

Link for that bracket is here

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorcycle-Aluminum-License-Number-Plate-Frame-Holder-Bracket-LED-Adjustable-AU/253151119146?_trkparms=pageci%3A1d126e85-2518-11e8-a7ec-74dbd1803149%7Cparentrq%3A14a272011620a86046a84a43fffc3873%7Ciid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236

I'm sure there is something similar locally

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey do you have trouble seeing the rear turn signals with that kit? I love the look, but would hate for someone behind me to not see me signaling.

·
Registered
124 Posts
As much as I really want to do this mod too, the few rides I have been on have already shown the small value in limiting some road spray, especially in regards to water. I do like the look however, but would also be concerned about a limited view of my plate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The plate is probably 40 degrees or so off the vertical and in the last pic I've installed the led plate light. I'll try take some pics with the indicators flashing but I can tell you they are bright as hell, same too with brake led thats built into them. On top of that there are still the stock brake and running lights too just behind them.

I had thought about the road spray but figured the spray can't really overtake me and hence land on me if I'm doing anything more than about 15kph. Don't get much rain here so I'll have to wait and see. Only options I've seen so far are those sideways mounted plates but I'm not a fan and they're get defected around here pretty quick.

You have to really decide if you want this though as they made it pretty hard to revert. Cutting all the ties and threading the cable from the stock location back out all the way to the fuel tank was a pain the arse. Also required removing rear hugger and shock reservoir.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,547 Posts
Rupes said:
and its about 2kgs hanging off the swing arm. ]
Interesting info about the weight saving,.

This licence plate holder looks ok to be a aftermarket products

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Definitely looks nice, but you'll learn the dirty way like I did it has a real function vs. aesthetics. Speaks true to its name...Mud guard assembly.

Don't ride on wet streets, or get caught in an unexpected rain shower. Watch out for the mud puddles too!

Re-installed mud guard very next day after I encountered a wet street for the first time.

safe/calm

·
Registered
15 Posts
Going to do this mod also
Ive ordered the unit that integrates original brake lights for indicators
customLED

Ducati XDiavel Smart Turn Signal Integrator Kit

·
Registered
15 Posts
The plate is probably 40 degrees or so off the vertical and in the last pic I've installed the led plate light. I'll try take some pics with the indicators flashing but I can tell you they are bright as hell, same too with brake led thats built into them. On top of that there are still the stock brake and running lights too just behind them.

I had thought about the road spray but figured the spray can't really overtake me and hence land on me if I'm doing anything more than about 15kph. Don't get much rain here so I'll have to wait and see. Only options I've seen so far are those sideways mounted plates but I'm not a fan and they're get defected around here pretty quick.

You have to really decide if you want this though as they made it pretty hard to revert. Cutting all the ties and threading the cable from the stock location back out all the way to the fuel tank was a pain the arse. Also required removing rear hugger and shock reservoir.
Where did you run the plate light wire from ? did you have to drill a hole for it ?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Where did you run the plate light wire from ? did you have to drill a hole for it ?
The custom led integration to brakes gives it the clean look. Best mod ever for our bikes. I've done the NRC side plate mount and reverted back to the toilet lid. It's a great idea with what the OP has done but looks like it blocks the brake lights. The plate light wiring as turn signals connects from the original location(toilet lid) and goes through the seat. You could splice from there and drill right through the plastic to do the modification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw the video on youtube from Jaret. Want to do the same but im from bulgaria and our license plate is a vit bigger than these in america. In Germany arr big too, in Europe at all. Do you have some idea what to do. I think licence plate on the side is ok too but its the second best variant. Please tell me if somebody has a idea how to out it under the seat like campisi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could probably get a bit more clearance and lower the plate a little with a rear ride height adjuster. I've seen them in the accessories catalog and online there are billet ones but I don't know if they fit the XD. I'd like the jack up the rear around 10mm

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorcy...fffc3873|iid:1&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236

Have you hit the plate bracket with the tire at all?

·
Registered
33 Posts

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorcy...fffc3873|iid:1&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236

do u have any other links to share..
the part is not availabe in above link.
thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts