Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had trouble with the Control switches on the left hand handlebar switches? My down select button is no longer functioning and it is prohibiting me from using my pin code to start, reset trip odometers, etc. The other two the reset button and the the up button work fine. Gladly replace, just wanted to know if anybody else out there had my issue..... Thanks, this forum is the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I open them an used some grease specifically for electrical contacts. I am quite used to electrical switches in cars as I used to work with a company's that makes car switches. It is not too difficult to do but you really have to be very careful with the plastic clips as once broken there is no going back! Solve the issue for about a year but there are getting closer to another stop down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I opened it and cleaned the contacts from the plastic derby that accumulated from the sliding contacts. Not a very good design. I than applied electrical contact grease. Solved the issue for about a year but they are getting closer to another strip down. Please be careful if opening the as if you break the plastic clips there is no going back. I am used to this stuff as I used to work for a comopany that makes car switches so I got hang of opening such switches

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
My turn signal switch is hit or miss for left hand turns. I'll check it out some day...when I start using turn signals. It's rather pointless in New Mexico since nobody else knows what they are....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.