Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, I have my 2015 Diavel with 7k miles. The bike has rear Ohlins shock, CW exhaust among the big stuff and small things like frame sliders, phone charger etc. It is the Dark one so all is matte black. My question is for those that jumped the ship, is it worth it? I was going to upgrade the forks in the winter along with the belt service. If I were to upgrade it’d be the non S one as I want an all black version again. The original QS is available for a couple hundred, and the suspension id need to upgrade if I were to get it along with the exhaust. I use Sena 10c evo, so don’t really need Ducati multimedia. Except for the annoying hard to find N which I’ve had on every Duc(and I’ve had more than a handful) there’s nothing wrong with my 2015. Thank you for your insights. Safe riding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Saw and talked to the owner of the 1260 few days ago in a parking lot, and later asked my wife what do you think? She said "the only difference I see are the gold looking forks, go ahead and get a new one but I don't see a difference from your supped up 2015 dark, but I'm sure the specs are telling, your call."
I'd say if you had a gen 2 go ahead but wait until you see a meaningful difference, gold forks are a better bargain unless your are a spec freak $$

·
Registered
957 Posts
Saw and talked to the owner of the 1260 few days ago in a parking lot, and later asked my wife what do you think? She said "the only difference I see are the gold looking forks, go ahead and get a new one but I don't see a difference from your supped up 2015 dark, but I'm sure the specs are telling, your call."
I'd say if you had a gen 2 go ahead but wait until you see a meaningful difference, gold forks are a better bargain unless your are a spec freak $$
Of course if you ask a woman she wouldn’t know at all what the difference is between the new gen and previous gen diavel, except the color of the forks. Unless she’s very familiar with the bike. Major overhaul on the new model plus tech. Like what the other guy has mentioned. I’d wait, who knows maybe they will come with one with V4 specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yep that's it, why buy something that no one can tell that's a 1260 unless it is parked in a parking lot. Skip gen 3 and wait for something more substantial besides colored forks and a " so called major overhaul plus some spec numbers". Now V4 it a killer engine, saving some ducets it will happen 4 sure 😉

Reactions: DucaRicardo

·
Registered
621 Posts
Personally, still happy with my gen one with tuneboy, bespoke remap, cruise control, launch control and quick shifter. It also does little mileage hence nothing really worth much upgrading to. A Verge TS might be in the cards eventually but that will need some sirens in order to filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts