Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
758 Posts
Perhaps he just traded a moped for the Sportster? ????

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was on a trip last year to Oregon with a Harley Breakout and a BMW K1300 Gt. There was a flat desert section of highway with no traffic at all and me and my buddy on the BMW started playing around trying to see which bike was faster. We did this for probably twenty or thirty miles. My buddy on his Harley was trying to keep up but after a while he was literally miles behind us. At dinner that night my Harley buddy said that he was surprised that he could not keep up! Me and my other friend both looked at each other and my friend said with a smile on his face "why would you think that?" To which the Harley rider replied "well because my engine is so much bigger than both of yours."

I have a lot of friends with Harley's and they're great guys but they live in a Harley bubble, seldom talking or reading about other bikes. They have no idea how their bike compares performance wise.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Owning a Harley does not necessarily mean you have fallen for the "Harley hype". I have a 2013 Softail CVO that sits right next to my XDS. I like to think that I am the anti-HD owner. I have never, EVER been to a Harley get together, "show and shine" or whatever the heck they call their meet-ups. I don't do group rides except the occasional charity ride (I think they are dangerous, personally). I do wear their FXG jackets as they provide the most protection I have found-it's serious riding gear w/o the "look at me, I am wearing HD gear" logos. I have ridden Indians, Victory's, and the big Suzuki and Yamaha cruisers. For someone like me who only wants to ride with their hair on fire about 75% of the time(i.e. the XDS), there is nothing like a decent handling Harley (I don't care for their baggers or touring behemoths). My Harley is big, loud, comfortable, and motors along just great when I want to cruise. Great motor, unmistakable fantastic sound, the highest quality chrome out there, and in my case, never a bit of trouble. I sold my V-Rod when I got my XDS, and if I could only have one bike, it's not a close race, it would be the XDS. But having two bikes with very different personalities and riding "moods" is great, in my opinion. I will say that some of the Harley's are just plain bad (all the Dynas, Street Bob's, Sportsters)
Lol, charity rides really are dangerous!

Twenty different machines with twenty different riding styles and who knows if they have even ridden this year!?

Charity rides for charity rides are an actual thing.

I am old and boring now at 43 spending most of my rides in the defensive state of mind.. which defeats the damn purpose.

So I go to a semi local track one or two times a year with my little track bike and rip up sticky expensive rubber on my Diavel with maybe 1 friend during the summers.

I spent a lot of time buying different bikes but have come back to the Diavel 3 times now. Pretty sure I will stay loyal until the upright Street fighter Zeros start pulling some Lightning numbers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Preference is such a silly topic to discuss. That's the beauty of having so much to choose from, everyone has something for them. I have many bikes and love each of them for what they were intended for. That being said, I enjoy riding my XD more than any of the other bikes I have.

I do love when a badass Harley guy pulls up next to me reving, light goes green and he disappears in my mirrors, by the next light he doesn't even pull up next to me, just stays back behind me, knowing his Harley doesn't even have a chance.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts