Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
My insurnace is due for a renew in a month.

My current one (3rd party + theft/fire) is a Ducati Insurnace via Ramasis co uk and based on ~14k gbp value and 2 years of no-claim comes out to about 1060 gbp, which is a lot.

Is there anything cheaper (like half cheaper) that is available on the market these days ?

I keep getting unable to find a quote due to high value of the bike and London location from a lot of insurnace brokers.

G

·
When i bought my diavel 2 months ago my insurance went up to 900 but i had quotes for 600 fully comp. If you look about you will get it cheaper. For me fully comp has always been cheaper then TPFT

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
I got mine through Bennetts, £180, 4yrs NCD, fully comp, usual crash hat and leathers, Europe cover blah, blah, blah, additional rider training and more bike security than I really need for my 11 plate with a £10k estimated value
guess what, it just gave me "Your quote is £3782.06". Based on 10k value and 3 years of NCB, fully comp.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well worth a good search, I use all of the comparison sites and make sure it is like for like with cover and XS's.

I currently with Hastings £140 fully comp with legal cover and NCD protection.

(but I am an old git)

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
Oh guys, those insurances are a complete scam and rip off.

So,

My current insurance (which uses Ducati insurance), quoted me 800 for an extension of full comp. They declined to provide third party, saying the value of the bike is too big.

After Hubel suggest comparethemarket.com I look on it and found a quote for a third party for ~500gbp (with the same parameters, like value/ncb and etc). Any full comp options were >2000.

I'm calling these guys and signing on. It turns out it's the same Ducati insurance, but they just operate under multiple names. So initially they quoted me ~500gbp, but after they found my existing insurance, they said they can extend me on third party for only 330gbp.

That's god damn insane. How can you make business like that ? That's a pure scam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.