Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
From my experience, you'll still get wet but not as bad with the toilet lid. If you decide to ride without the lid and it's a bit muddy you'll get a a strip on your back during the ride in the rain. Lol, don't have many options for tail tidys on the XDiavel, and not a fan of the side mount plate. Tried to mock something up under the tail lights but the alberta plate covers the brakes. So no go. I agree with the rear tire looking great without the toilet lid, but at the same time I want it to look clean and presentable in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to buy a carbon flap from Motocomposite. I think that plus removing the big signal lights will be fine. Maybe I'll add plate bolt lights too. Just depends if I can remove the stock plate light neatly. I actually quite like the rear end flap. My bike days go back a long time and I see that small mud flap a big improvement over what used to be the norm on most bikes. Just got the Termignoni. Now for fitting. Still debating whether to fit it myself.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm going to buy a carbon flap from Motocomposite. I think that plus removing the big signal lights will be fine. Maybe I'll add plate bolt lights too. Just depends if I can remove the stock plate light neatly. I actually quite like the rear end flap. My bike days go back a long time and I see that small mud flap a big improvement over what used to be the norm on most bikes. Just got the Termignoni. Now for fitting. Still debating whether to fit it myself.
Some members have taken the mid guard off and just mounted the license plate on. That works too, the OEM turn signals where huge and not to my liking. I have gone without it off since I have the custom led integrated to the brake lights. But I opted to add extra turns as I want to be seen more on the road, the kellerman atto are great and they are descreet. I have taken the rear apart and it does look like you can take off the plate lighting

·
Registered
46 Posts
DucaRicardo, I agree a clean look is what I was looking for, but I don't like the white band across the back of the bike. If I could have put the plate deep down near the shock and not get hassled by the police I would have. tis was the next best thing I could think of. there 17 LEDs 8 are amber the rest red I used them because I wasn't sure if I wanted red or amber. Went with amber... now I'm looking for Puig windscreen and new exhaust I would like Rapid bike to come out with a unit for tuning my 2020 1260S. I have the exhaust picked out waiting for them to release it. What size is you plate maybe I can figure a way for you to mount it .

LEDs almost cant be seen from 10 feet away
If I hade the Euro lights that are clear you wouldn't notice them

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I agree, I love a clean rear end ???????????? our plates in alberta are 5 x 8. So stupid, but hey, it could be worse. I've had imagined on how it was going to look on the rear but fit doesn't look promising. Also LEO's can be a PITA where I live.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I added theses Photos on other posts but I wanted people to get ideas without spending a lot of $$$$. some time and a small bracket with two LED light strips is all I needed. Love that fat tire look. as for the weather I've ridden through a puddle and had a wet back from this bike when it was all stock so how bad can it be. Anyway that's why we have rain gear. if I don't have it with me I guess Im going to get wet anyway
Bro that looks awesome!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts