Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Triple play turn signal and brake light modulator on my Diavel 1260s. Apparently there was a screw up with the wrong harness being supplied to Custom LED but a phone call and swapping a couple of wires around fixed the issue. The system works great, so I removed the very large bling rear turn signal lights and replaced them with tiny Kellerman bullets (almost invisible and very, very bright!) just to be on the safe side if the electronic Triple Play unit ever fails.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Just installed the Triple play turn signal and brake light modulator on my Diavel 1260s. Apparently there was a screw up with the wrong harness being supplied to Custom LED but a phone call and swapping a couple of wires around fixed the issue. The system works great, so I removed the very large bling rear turn signal lights and replaced them with tiny Kellerman bullets (almost invisible and very, very bright!) just to be on the safe side if the electronic Triple Play unit ever fails.
Cool Bud. I once bought a 3 wired brake light modulator device for my Gen2 Diavel couple years ago for about $50 bucks, but could never get it connected to electrical harness properly to function.
Sent it to DS, to try out, but assume he never got around to it yet.

Reactions: JezGuy

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool Bud. I once bought a 3 wired brake light modulator device for my Gen2 Diavel couple years ago for about $50 bucks, but could never get it connected to electrical harness properly to function.
Sent it to DS, to try out, but assume he never got around to it yet.
Yeah, figuring out electrical stuff usually involves a steep learning curve, so I try and avoid it. The Triple Play thing is plug and play, can't really mess it up, and it's easy to remove. Lifting the tank is a pain.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Yeah, figuring out electrical stuff usually involves a steep learning curve, so I try and avoid it. The Triple Play thing is plug and play, can't really mess it up, and it's easy to remove. Lifting the tank is a pain.
You got that right nBud.

My OEM exhaust valve servo controller unit went south one day causing constant ECU Fault...Bought this puppy, disconnected return spring cable on valve assmbly, where the valve remains open...Just Plug and play to the fitting socket.
No more ECU Fauts!

Amazon.com: Vizi-tec Exhaust Valve Servo Eliminator for Ducati A. 10 yr warranty: Automotive

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got that right nBud.

My OEM exhaust valve servo controller unit went south one day causing constant ECU Fault...Bought this puppy, disconnected return spring cable on valve assmbly, where the valve remains open...Just Plug and play to the fitting socket.
No more ECU Fauts!

Amazon.com: Vizi-tec Exhaust Valve Servo Eliminator for Ducati A. 10 yr warranty: Automotive
That's an interesting bit of info, cool. I'm going to put the Termi on mine though, so that should take care of that issue, and I don't know if the gen2 bikes have that issue? Ducati A or C? For those interested.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,708 Posts
You have did the same way I planing to do. - reuse the Custom LED module from my xdiavel on the Diavel 1260.
Do you have a pic of lisensplate with the Kellerman?

I have not order the Kellerman yet, but "your" US lisensplate option and everything around it, wounder how it looks like?

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have did the same way I planing to do. - reuse the Custom LED module from my xdiavel on the Diavel 1260.
Do you have a pic of lisensplate with the Kellerman?

I have not order the Kellerman yet, but "your" US lisensplate option and everything around it, wounder how it looks like?

Not yet wired up properly. But as you can see very bright!

Check out these options for tail end simplicity. I might add the plate light bolts and cut off the big overhanging 'commercial sign' light.
https://fortnine.ca/en/custom-dynamics-led-license-plate-tag-bolts-with-white-leds
https://fortnine.ca/en/custom-dynamics-led-license-plate-tag-bolts-with-white-leds-and-amber-turn-signal-leds
https://fortnine.ca/en/custom-dynamics-led-license-plate-tag-bolts-with-white-leds-and-red-turn-brake-or-turn-running-leds

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Looks exactly like my setup but mine is on a XD. . I have the kellerman bullet Atto for the front as well and mounted to the headlight. I bought the extensions for the bullet atto because without it the license plate would hide the kellerman, also used the originally connectors from the original turns the Kellermans so they are now plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. Crazy bright! Thanks for the pics.
We have smaller plates here. I like the carbon mud flap. Was thinking about making one, since its a fairly simple shape. Which windshield do you have on it?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,708 Posts
Lovely picture from you both two.

Now I have an idea how it looks like.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Cool. Crazy bright! Thanks for the pics.
We have smaller plates here. I like the carbon mud flap. Was thinking about making one, since its a fairly simple shape. Which windshield do you have on it?
For the size of the kellermans, they are bright and super discreet. Full carbon mud flap I got from Motocomposite based out in Montreal. Windshield? I'm running a Ducati roadster screen

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good . I went another way, I don't like my brake lights to do anything but brakes, The Diavel is factory with running and brake so I used two led strips and have them on the outside of each brake light to do directional. I also moved the plate to under the seat . Now my fatty tire is all out the way it should be.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good . I went another way, I don't like my brake lights to do anything but brakes, The Diavel is factory with running and brake so I used two led strips and have them on the outside of each brake light to do directional. I also moved the plate to under the seat . Now my fatty tire is all out the way it should be.
Sounds good but a picture is worth a thousand words.....
Yeah I like the exposed tire look, just not too practical if you're planning a long journey and can't predict the weather.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I added theses Photos on other posts but I wanted people to get ideas without spending a lot of $$$$. some time and a small bracket with two LED light strips is all I needed. Love that fat tire look. as for the weather I've ridden through a puddle and had a wet back from this bike when it was all stock so how bad can it be. Anyway that's why we have rain gear. if I don't have it with me I guess Im going to get wet anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
For the size of the kellermans, they are bright and super discreet. Full carbon mud flap I got from Motocomposite based out in Montreal. Windshield? I'm running a Ducati roadster screen

Right you are Bud! All depends how you ride in terms of practicality...
Call me a Bike Rider, NOT Biker!'
...., got +41K miles on Diavel since 08/2014 ....All local daily rides, If it isn't raining, I'm riding if possible.

Furthest trip I've ridden, about a month after purchase?,,,,Gulfport, MS. approx 200 mile trip back home.
Pulled up driveway, said to self,,,, "There's No Place Like Home!"

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Glad you went the other way, it's your bike lol. Would love to see these led strips your talking about. Also having the led custom integration kit, you have the option of selecting how you want the brakes to work, there's a "blaster x" mod where it gives the strobe like effect and definitely gets the attention of people during behind you

·
Registered
188 Posts
LOL, I helped them discover that error when I installed it on my XD several years ago. I did all kinds of multimeter testing to finally figure out why it dimly blinked the opposite light. I cut and swapped the wires and all was good. Funny (sad) to see they still have the same issue with their harnesses. Maybe this was a leftover harness that didn't get pulled/fixed.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL, I helped them discover that error when I installed it on my XD several years ago. I did all kinds of multimeter testing to finally figure out why it dimly blinked the opposite light. I cut and swapped the wires and all was good. Funny (sad) to see they still have the same issue with their harnesses. Maybe this was a leftover harness that didn't get pulled/fixed.

Apparently just a mix up with one part of the wiring harness. Solved by moving two wires over to another slot. They were fine to deal with and the system seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Diavel 1260s
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I added theses Photos on other posts but I wanted people to get ideas without spending a lot of $$$$. some time and a small bracket with two LED light strips is all I needed. Love that fat tire look. as for the weather I've ridden through a puddle and had a wet back from this bike when it was all stock so how bad can it be. Anyway that's why we have rain gear. if I don't have it with me I guess Im going to get wet anyway
That's a good point. I've not actually ridden it on wet roads yet. Anyone else got experience with the rear flap being useful or not in wet weather? I'm guessing it's better than nothing, but yeah, keeping the right gear on hand is always a good idea on a long trip.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's a good point. I've not actually ridden it on wet roads yet. Anyone else got experience with the rear flap being useful or not in wet weather? I'm guessing it's better than nothing, but yeah, keeping the right gear on hand is always a good idea on a long trip.
From my experience, you'll still get wet but not as bad with the toilet lid. If you decide to ride without the lid and it's a bit muddy you'll get a a strip on your back during the ride in the rain. Lol, don't have many options for tail tidys on the XDiavel, and not a fan of the side mount plate. Tried to mock something up under the tail lights but the alberta plate covers the brakes. So no go. I agree with the rear tire looking great without the toilet lid, but at the same time I want it to look clean and presentable in my eyes

1 - 20 of 27 Posts