Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
does this apply to 2nd gen diavel ? I am thinking about getting a rizoma bar and rizoma spoiler both in silver
Thus far as i can recall, Its the same part number for the handlebars for both gen1 and gen2 hence same rules apply.

You would make good on yourself to enquire with your retailer or Rizoma themselves just to make sure though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey wilson

I just finished installing the rizoma handlebar and the front spolier. I can tell you that they look taller than stock, but only the middle piece, the hight of the grips does't feel taller (I didn't measure it before and after, but I can't feel any hight difference). However, the riding position leans you slightly forward, in a more sportier position, which is what I was looking for. I am 5.7, with not very long arms, so it may feel different for taller guys with longer arms...

I am posting some pics below. Mine was silver with a carbon front spoiler.

This looks great. Does anyone have a picture of Rizoma ZDM100B on OEM bars? Re. 2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon bars?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have several pics attached to my profile with the Rizoma carbon fiber screen. I'm actually considering the Rizoma bars myself. They're not cheap though.
Hi Charles, Thanks so much for your response. Your bike looks great! If you have a moment, could you share a few more photos from the front and side, et al? I would be most appreciative. I saw one other installation on OEM bars that didn't look nearly as good as yours. The biggest challenge for me now is finding the parts as they are no longer manufactured. I can't find them anywhere - new or used. Thanks again, Michael

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Charles, Thanks so much for your response. Your bike looks great! If you have a moment, could you share a few more photos from the front and side, et al? I would be most appreciative. I saw one other installation on OEM bars that didn't look nearly as good as yours. The biggest challenge for me now is finding the parts as they are no longer manufactured. I can't find them anywhere - new or used. Thanks again, Michael

These are from my album in this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I removed my Ducati Performance front spoiler/windscreen as I never thought it looked good, but without it, the wind at speed is really rather bumpy. Does the Rizoma help with wind at speed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I removed my Ducati Performance front spoiler/windscreen as I never thought it looked good, but without it, the wind at speed is really rather bumpy. Does the Rizoma help with wind at speed?
I've never ridden without it but I've done multi-day trips and have no issues with buffeting. I'm 5'8" so I'm not exactly a walking sail. I like the way it cleans up the front end above the headlight. Which is also why I went with the bar end mirrors. I've had it on the bike for 10yrs (since new) and 39,000km and it's really not showing any signs of wear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree that it cleans the front end very nicely, and I believe it visually narrows the bike significantly. The 2010 - 2013 models are visually really wide. The later models resolve that visually with much more angular lines in their appearance. That is the main reason I like Rizoma. I also have bar-end mirrors (CRGs). Unfortunately, I am a rather tall rider at 6'2," and wind buffeting is a significant issue at speed on the Diavel, at least when compared to the other Ducatis I have owned, i.e., a Monster 1100S and, of course, my 1089S. The Ducati Performace spoiler/low profile windscreen worked quite well but didn't look particularly good, in my opinion (virtually everyone disagrees with me on this point), but all of the custom "show" bikes have the Rizoma, and I've always thought it looked great.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts