Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting those. Are they really a little taller and a little farther back then stock?

For a black Diavel, what color would you recommend for the handlebar and wind deflector ?

The silver or black ?

I like the silver but dont know it if it would look good on the black bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey Wilson
this might be helpful: http://www.diavel-forum.com/index.php?/topic/5633-how-is-rizoma-handlebar/page__fromsearch__1
I actually ordered one (in silver) with the carbon front spoiler (wind deflector), I should get them shortly. I'll let you know how it feels and looks, will post some pics once they're installed.
I got mine from Italy, from this seller (seemed slightly cheaper, shipped to Canada) but for you guys in US may not be worth the trouble, since most sellers are shipping for free and you don't pay duty anyway if shipped from US.

http://www.carpimoto.com/EN/Bike_Ducati_Diavel/Specific/Handlebar/Handlebar/39818_MA207A-Rizoma-Handlebars-Kit-for-Ducati-Diavel.htm

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey wilson

I just finished installing the rizoma handlebar and the front spolier. I can tell you that they look taller than stock, but only the middle piece, the hight of the grips does't feel taller (I didn't measure it before and after, but I can't feel any hight difference). However, the riding position leans you slightly forward, in a more sportier position, which is what I was looking for. I am 5.7, with not very long arms, so it may feel different for taller guys with longer arms...

I am posting some pics below. Mine was silver with a carbon front spoiler.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow , My thoughts confirmed... This is what the bike is missing a drag bar looking set up
If those rizomas were stock height or lower I would def get a set

Looks really good valio

·
Registered
326 Posts
hey wilson

I just finished installing the rizoma handlebar and the front spolier. I can tell you that they look taller than stock, but only the middle piece, the hight of the grips does't feel taller (I didn't measure it before and after, but I can't feel any hight difference). However, the riding position leans you slightly forward, in a more sportier position, which is what I was looking for. I am 5.7, with not very long arms, so it may feel different for taller guys with longer arms...

I am posting some pics below. Mine was silver with a carbon front

Vario is that the new shoei GT air?
Can you give me your opinion on the new lid, weight, aerodynamics, noise levels, coverage on the drop down.. Is it effective at blocking light from the front, sides etc... Or are you basically looking at a line that goes dark to light

·
Registered
39 Posts
Valio,
Excellent, it has the drag bar look I'm looking for. Wondering if you can post some pics without the spoiler? Replace the antlers with bar end mirrors would complete the front end, imo. See you out there soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vario is that the new shoei GT air?
Can you give me your opinion on the new lid, weight, aerodynamics, noise levels, coverage on the drop down.. Is it effective at blocking light from the front, sides etc... Or are you basically looking at a line that goes dark to light
Leo
Yes, this is the new Shoei GT AIR Wanderer (Black, TC-5). I had the Shoei RF-1000 before and the GT Air is by far so much better helmet. It's feels light, it's very comfortable, fits very well. Regarding noise level, it's an impressive improvement from the RF-1000 (I can only compare it with what I had previously, I don't know how better or worse it is compared with other helmets). Wind noise is minimal, and up to 200km//h you can hardly feel any wind resistance. In lock position, the visor would not allow any air in, to create that whistle noise at high speeds, regardless how you move your head (left/right/up/down).
The ventilation is absolutely amazing, (although I havent' tried it in high temperatures) it has three air vents: front, below the visor, which pushes the air up on the inside of the visor, not straight to your face/eyes, then one on top of the visor which allows a great air flow towards the third rear vent. For lower air temperatures, just close them off and you will not feel any chill inside at all.
Fogging - this is what blew me away, as I always had issues with fogging screen, in colder temperatures or rainy days. The helmet comes with a detachable Pinlock® anti-fog lens, which is the greatest invention ever - it will not allow any fog buildup, no matter what you do or how cold it is outside - it just won't fog up the visor. Absolutely amazing!!!
As for the built in sun visor, it blocks perfectly the light from front and sides - no issues there - I have it down all the time, even when it's not too sunny (I have light-sensitive eyes).

The shape and overall design is great, the black one I have has a very interesting color scheme on each side, although it looks black, it changes the color slightly depending on how the light hits it.

It's really a great helmet. A full detailed review here:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Valio,
Excellent, it has the drag bar look I'm looking for. Wondering if you can post some pics without the spoiler? Replace the antlers with bar end mirrors would complete the front end, imo. See you out there soon.
Hey rlinder

I'll try to take some pics without the front spoiler when I have some time. See out there!

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey wilson

I am posting some pics below. Mine was silver with a carbon front spoiler.

Hi , can you please tell which brand backpack you are using ? It looks good... thanks shekhar

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi , can you please tell which brand backpack you are using ? It looks good... thanks shekhar
Hi Shekar

the backpack is OGIO No Drag Mach 5.

If you google it, you'll find plenty of online retailers selling this backpack. I've had it for more than 2 years now and I'm very happy with it. Very light, you can fit tons of stuff in it - I would strongly recommend it to anyone. Plus, it matches perfectly the carbon fibre on the bike. Ogio I think it's italian and the quality is absolutely exceptional.

A very good review is here (check out the bike this guy has):

1 - 20 of 33 Posts