Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but i do. i remember when it first came out, and i was a dedicated monster lover and i was just getting into superbikes. i could not understand the draw to what i thought was a weird looking cruiser and proceeded to to go through a slew of expensive bikes -- 1199, hp4, 1299 -- without getting what i wanted (actually, i loved the 1199 until a truck ran into it and then i found no joy with the others...). oddly enough, the BMW r ninet got me thinking about a nice, comfy riding position with a lower center of gravity, and a sporty performance. i bought one, and it's fun to ride, but the sound is so super lame! then i saw this bad boy at Rockwell's, right after i bought the 1299 s. took a huge hit turning it in but i figured A) i don't want to die on this superbike and B) i'm faster on the Diavel!

i still have the r ninet, and a Multistrada Pikes Peak, plus a couple of Monsters. but i'm loving this fat girl and i hope she's the solution to all my motorcycle problems ;) right. i have a ton of questions about the bike, like where can i get a good #quickshifter, does anyone know if an #ermax windscreen will fit a gen 2 bike, is there a good source for #titanium headers and, most importantly, why does every photo i attempt to upload as my profile pic #fail?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hello, welcome and congrats!

QS: not so obvious... Either through Tuneboy or OpenFlashTablet, or via vendors like HM or TransLogic.

Windscreens: not sure... But many do more bad than good OR are just show elements.

Tit headers: why not either just a slipon or a full termignoni system?

Your pic: well, do you get any error messages?

Vendors: scroll down on the main page, there is a whole section for this

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, thanks!!!

I have ordered the full termis already. I just wish they had Ti headers, like full Akra systems. I actually prefer the look of the Akra slip-Ons, and the longer Termi Ti slip, but those two retain the Cat, which ruins the sound, IMO.

I ordered the Puig sport screen and I hope it works well, or at least does no harm re airflow. There is still not much available, in terms of Gen 2 windscreens, so I hope the manufacturers keep us in mind and are working on it.

I was thinking about getting a Rapid Bike kit with a quickshifter, but I'm a little scared to F with the factory fueling.

Re my pic: no. It just says #fail

PS I also ordered a Corbin seat and a Sargent, for side-by-side comparison, as well as Öhlins shock and Andreani fork cartridge kit. Can't wait! I want to get BST wheels but don't wait -- brace yourself -- too much carbon fiber ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I found that the Diavel is my favorite single all-around bike to go to for where I live, Metro Denver. Now, I think that will get tested a bit by the new MTS 1200S, but not in the looks department. MTS looks less ugly than before, but the main focus is on its riding characteristics, which are superb!

Does anyone else like the bit of surging that the Diavel gives us (due to poor fueling)? I considered a TuneBoy, but I have become fond of this little beast like trait of our bikes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Hvrnaut! I'm liking it more and more myself. To be honest, and counter to ecobully's point, I find my Multistrada Pike's Peak so much more attractive, but not nearly as nice to ride. I thought the Diavel was one ugly pig to begin with... but as I get older, I'm realizing that riding feel is much more important than Starbucks show-and-tell. In fact, I'll probably be selling the Multi now -- no need. I do kind of wish I'd gone all black though with the Carbon though... whatever. All I want to do is ride it!

PS I don't think anyone is offering full Öhlins forks for less than $3333. And since I did not, in fact, win the lottery ;) I'll be trying out the Andreanis for now.

Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.