Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Comp Werkes plate relocating kit, which although it is not the highest quality piece does the job and looks killer. What I am finding are light scratches in the hugger, I'm guessing from making contact with the plate's edge at full travel. The bike plates here in CO are pretty big, but I am surprised this happens. My questions:

1) Anyone else with this setup see this issue? I am a relatively light guy (175#) and ride on the stock suspension settings which are pretty firm, though I am pretty aggressive. I scrape my aftermarket rearsets but don't hit the headers so it seems I am not bottoming in hard corners. Never 2 up. That is sacrilege.
2) Is there an aftermarket hugger, preferably in carbon, that is a couple inches shorter, or tighter to the rear wheel? Good excuse to splurge.
3) Anyone have a plate kit that looks similar but in a tighter package? Cost? Pics?

I've considered trimming the stocker but it will be very difficult to trim a perfectly even arc and finish the edge to appear original.

Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Suspension settings aren't the issue - you're just using most/all of the travel
If it hits the hugger- trimming this might mean it hits the tyre and destroys the plate , flings it at you

Can you not increase the angle of the plate by a few degrees ? I mean raise the rear most edge up a few millimetres
Or raise the plate slightly so it sits a few mm higher on the bracket

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bottom inside of the frame is flush with the underside of the seat, it hinges down to allow access to the key release from above. I might be able to fabricate a relocation spacer to move it up a little closer to the tail, but where it's at looks perfect. I may take the thing apart and see where I can gain some clearance without sacrificing its usability. The plate itself is maxed upward on the mount holes, though I could mill them into slots (though I think "modifying" tags is a no-no legally, a cop having a bad day might cite that) and gain a couple mm. Or mill the edge of the plate off so it still looks finished.

The tire is still over an inch away from the top of the hugger, If the hugger were not interfering I don't believe the tire would make contact with the plate before bottoming it's travel.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh ok - I assumed , incorrectly, that the plate was angled the other way
Sounds like you have it nailed if there's an inch between the hugger and tyre ,

Trim away I say í ½í¸€

1 - 4 of 4 Posts