Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
You definitely use your brakes A LOT!!! What is your preferred brand for replacement pads?
I just get my mechanic to change them and don't wait till they are stuffed before I change them. Any wear means the brakes don't work as well and you may need them one day. They are certainly not expensive to replace and 4 sets for 107,000km is not much really.
A LOT?
25,000km/set is pretty average. I hardly use the brakes if simply country road riding but use them a lot commuting. I also took the Diavel to the track every chance I got when I was clocking up big km and you certainly needed brakes coming into a tight right hander after the downhill straight.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
FWIW...
Just south of 34Kmiles 15 Carbon.
Still on original front rotors....3rd set of brake pads replaced a few Kmiles ago.

On 2nd rear rotor, 3rd set of pads if memory serves.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
LoL! Don't worry...You'll definitely KNOW when it's time!!!!

Via the brake pad wear indicators...Small detents located on most outer part of pad when worn down, designed to rub on most outer part of rotor which causes metal on metal sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just get my mechanic to change them and don't wait till they are stuffed before I change them. Any wear means the brakes don't work as well and you may need them one day. They are certainly not expensive to replace and 4 sets for 107,000km is not much really.
A LOT?
25,000km/set is pretty average. I hardly use the brakes if simply country road riding but use them a lot commuting. I also took the Diavel to the track every chance I got when I was clocking up big km and you certainly needed brakes coming into a tight right hander after the downhill straight.
Your right man, it's all about riding style! I racked up most of my miles cruising, sometimes hours without actually applying the brakes

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.