Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Still have my modified 2014 Strada and still enjoy it and do not see a new upgrade bike ,,, as of now ;)
You still pop lots of wheelies?
AFAIK, it's one of the worst detriments to fork seals.

If so, how many miles did the first set of seals last?
Just curious to know how robust Diavel OEM forks seals are.

Best

·
Bullshit Artiste'
1,600 Posts
January 2013.

It has around 30 odd thousand on the clock.

I alternate with my HD on a three monthly basis.
UPDATE: February 2020.

Sort of still alternating with the HD but didn't bother swapping over last time the Wide Glide was up for rego.
It's on a battery tender and hasn't had an outing in what must now be close to 5 months.
To be fair, the Diavel has brand new tyres on it and I have been reluctant to put any more kms on it before making another attempt to sell it.
It's a fun toy but my wife hates it and my lad won't get on it.
It (in it's favour) still has original battery, chain sprockets & brake pads at 36000kms (ie: it is a quality built motorcycle that has been ridden with respect by a "mostly" adult owner..).
It has given very little REAL trouble and is in outstanding condition but no matter how much i dropped the price people were trying to talk it down or just didn't respond to my advertising.
The dealer offered me more as a trade in on a new Scrambler 1100 Special...

Sad but true.

·
Sir Fred the Flatulent
10,145 Posts
pretty much the same here,alby. It's light and easy to move. rides smooth enough. not worth selling. probably gonna keep it.
but i did buy another bike..brand new 2018 goldwing dct...super deal..so the diavel will most likely see even less miles.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
ME!..ME!...almost 30k miles..original chain, sprockets and battery!
You can't be serious Bud?...same chain and sprockets at 30k miles?

My buddy's chain snapped on his Suzuki B-King at 42K miles while twisting the throttle on the Interstate.
Thank goodness he didn't go down or get injured, but it caused over $2500 in damage to the bike.

I replaced chain/sprokets at 22K miles because it was time right past the shop manual's stretch spec and sprocket teeth
were starting to look deformed.

You should replace asap just for safety sake.
Best.

·
Registered
881 Posts
You can't be serious Bud?...same chain and sprockets at 30k miles?

My buddy's chain snapped on his Suzuki B-King at 42K miles while twisting the throttle on the Interstate.
Thank goodness he didn't go down or get injured, but it caused over $2500 in damage to the bike.

I replaced chain/sprokets at 22K miles because it was time right past the shop manual's stretch spec and sprocket teeth
were starting to look deformed.

You should replace asap just for safety sake.
Best.
He said 36000 Kilometres which is 22,369 miles

·
Registered
310 Posts
I owned mine for just over six years before swapping to a Diavel 1260s last September. I never had a maintenance issue. Only routine stuff, fluids, gas, tires and check ups. It was about as reliable as a a Toyota Corolla for being such a wonderful machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Carbon, around 3500 miles, most of them in the last year of ownership. Bought it in 2018 with 8XX miles on it. I used to take public transportation to work so didn't get much time during the week to ride but now that I drive in, I ride every chance I get.

·
Mezei
1,525 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I've been gone for a few years from the Forum. Decided to touch base again.

It'll be 5 years in about 1 month.

I love the bike still. Sometimes I see the benefit of a cruiser. But being even 34 this year I still enjoy it. Honestly for frequency of riding, I haven't had near enough time to spend on it. Couple thousand KM a year lately.

Work truck for work. Had a newborn when I bought the bike. Had another kid. Started my own business. Spent a year working on getting my paperwork in line for my business to get going.

I have been wanting to do some mountain rides in though BC Canada. But it was either work or family. Typically in that order.

Bought a Scorpio alarm for my Diavel this year, I will do a post on the install and functions. Did carbon vinyl wrap on the tank last year. Got a couple other things I want to do.

I look forward to trying to get back into riding the machine. Maybe comb through the forums to see what I've missed.

I see RBE can still be found in almost every post. LOL

Heres to a great riding season this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
2015, no major work just what is recommended in the service manual. The fuel sensor started to act up and bought that fuel bypass connector from eBay so I don't have to deal with the dealer BS. Happy rider with 12k miles, love it!

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Another ride or so and I am at 100.000 Kms.
I wonder what happens to my speedometer. Will it read one free Ducati coming up?

2012. Carbon Red.
WoW Bud..That's over 60K miles!!!

.Any major problem in all those miles???

How many chains/sprockets you've been through? I'm on 2nd chain/sprockets. Replaced 1st set at 22K miles. 2nd set still looks pretty good at 40K miles now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
WoW Bud..That's over 60K miles!!!

.Any major problem in all those miles???

How many chains/sprockets you've been through? I'm on 2nd chain/sprockets. Replaced 1st set at 22K miles. 2nd set still looks pretty good at 40K miles now.
Only one set of chains and sprockets. I always take great care of those.1 complete service on front forks.
Side stand broke. last year. I think. Ducati North took care of it. With great help from my Dealer. No charge.Outside the Warranty
The one problem i have had since day one was not easy to find not just Neutral. also other gears. Nothing really major. Got used to it.
Tires every year.
Otherwise great bike. Loads of fun

Take care Rex. Be safe and well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got my first Ducati, hoping to have the same trouble free or at least close to experience as many of you.

Only thing so far is high beam Suddenly not working But I'm hoping it's just a bulb, and the single biggest thing that bothered me was the very choppy throttle rol on/off which I've smoothed our some by turning the vertical cylinder throttle screw.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts