Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

How do you most often park your bike during riding season?

• side stand

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • rear stand

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • front and rear stand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ride on chock (such as Baxley Sport Chock)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • other

Votes: 1 7.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know how others park their bikes. I park mine on front and rear stands unless I'm going to ride it the next day then I use a Baxley Sport Chock which is really easy to ride onto the chock, get off the bike, and it stays very steady and ready for another ride. Don't know if my concern about getting flat spots is valid but I'd rather er on the side of not getting them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
30 of you looked at this thread and nobody "voted"? Really? Come on guys...trying to keep the forum alive. Seems to be on life support. LOL

·
Registered
969 Posts
During the riding season you’ll never see my bike on stands unless it’s being worked on. Not too worried about flat spots, have had my bike for almost 4 years. But what I need to start doing is check my tire pressure on a weekly basis or get a tpms valve sensor check to keep my tires filled. Whatever works for you and your bike, there is no wrong answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,547 Posts
I use "ride on chuck " , front wheel snaps into it and "secured" and the bikes stands right up and down.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Curious to know how others park their bikes. I park mine on front and rear stands unless I'm going to ride it the next day then I use a Baxley Sport Chock which is really easy to ride onto the chock, get off the bike, and it stays very steady and ready for another ride. Don't know if my concern about getting flat spots is valid but I'd rather er on the side of not getting them.
For the last eight years i have owned the Diavel its always parked on the regular side stands. i bought a Constand back then but never ended up . still packed never opened it lol. the only rear pitbull stand i use is when i need to clean the chain.

·
Registered
Diavel 1260 Dark
7 Posts
I guess I’m overthinking it…

My mechanic said that USD forks tend to leak sooner when they’re compressed and static for a long time, so I’ve mounted a center stand to the lower frame plugs to lift the front wheel. Rear wheel is on the paddock stand.

I don’t expect to touch the bike for about five months so I thought: ”better be safe than sorry”.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think trusting your mechanic is a good call. He likely knows more about the bike than most of us. If it was a Harley I wouldn’t be concerned but these are precision designed machines.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I park the Duc and the HD on the factory side stand. Neither sits very long, so I'm not too worried about storage problems. The HD stand just gets in the way when I'm cornering.........need to move it..........

·
Registered
242 Posts
For the last eight years i have owned the Diavel its always parked on the regular side stands. i bought a Constand back then but never ended up . still packed never opened it lol. the only rear pitbull stand i use is when i need to clean the chain.
Yep, 20 plus years and 5 Ducs side stand year round, I do check my air every other month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts