Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Guys,

Has anyone ever mounted louder (more powerful) horns on the Diavel ?
I live and ride in Indonesia (mainly Jakarta and Bali)..the city roads are highly congested..and the coutry roads (in Bali) are full of dogs crossing the road.. so i need to have louder horns to make them know i'm riding thru..

Regards and Peace !

·
Drop Bear Slayer
8,437 Posts
I'm going to try to fit this horn on my bike. I fitted one to my "Bugatti Van" because it had the most embarrassingly feeble horn I've ever heard.
It's not loud like a locomotive's horn but it definitely gets people's attention.
On the Diavel, currently I pull the clutch and give her a handful if I see a cager about to do something stupid. The Termis soon grab their attention!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha ha ha.. thought of that..it would be more useful if i can get the Termis to face frontwards..

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Don't the VMax pipes face forward?
Hmm, maybe it's the speakers?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Who has time for a horn?? Like GL said a little blip of the throttle and even the grayest of geezer wakes up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes please.. Like to see the pic.. Does it show or is it concealed?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you SCM..
i'm thinking to mount HELLA horns.. size looks similar to the one Coop posted above..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bosch FC1 compact , Another option if you guys would like to have a very loud horn. You can easily fit it inside the Chin of the diavel in front of the battery. Be sure to use a relay, to make sure that the bosch would get its power from the battery directly. Without the relay, you might fry your horn switch. Cheers!
OEM horn

Bosch FC1 compact

Had it installed inside the Chin of the diavel

With the relay installed., PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE RELAY, AND NOT DIRECTLY CONNECT YOUR BOSCH TO THE ORIGINAL WIRING LAYOUT. This is a very loud horn with high amp requirement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I say go with Buick horn like what they used on the Park Avenues. its a 4 note horn that sounds just like a train... cant say it will fit. but it will get attention really fast. I know the 1990 model Park Avenue had it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i got the mechanic from Ducati to install these last week..
much better sound now.. no more beep beeps..

·
Registered
591 Posts
I say go with Buick horn like what they used on the Park Avenues. its a 4 note horn that sounds just like a train... cant say it will fit. but it will get attention really fast. I know the 1990 model Park Avenue had it.
I had a few Park Ave.'s over the years too. Love them horns, sounded like a locomotive.
Problem is it is a twin horn setup, pretty bulky.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Old thread I know but it inspired me because I just picked up a 2015 and the horn is still pitiful.
So I fitted a Dinali Soundbomb Split. It's stupidly loud. Great!
My install was a bit of a rush job using what I had to hand and I'll revisit the compressor cable tie solution and tidy the wiring into some heatshrink another day. I'm still happy enough with it though.
Anyhow, here's how I did it in a couple of hours and will be happy to hear tips on how you did a tidier one.

For anyone interested;
In addition to the horn http://www.rg-racing...T-SB10100B.aspx (comes with a couple of basic mounting options and relay)
you'll need some extra cable ties, spade connectors and maybe blade connectors to suit, an inline fuse and a 15 or 30 amp fuse.

You'll remove both sides, frontnand bottom of the bellypan. Easy enough, just take out all the screws you can find. The little tray underneath also attaches via a peg through a rubber grommet. Ease it downwards and it'll come off.

Unbolt the existing horn and ease off the connectors. The one with the purple-ish wire is the switched live.

Now connect the air hose to the soundbomb and offer it in making sure to get it snug in the recess with the horn sound outlet facing front and bottom.
Route the air hose over the top and out.

I used the multistrip mounting from the original horn, bent it to better suit my position and fixed it in as you see in the photos with some extra washers for good measure.
I then used some builders fixing band (like this http://www.wickes.co...mx10m/p/246015#) to make a fixing that the original horn bolt secures and it hooks round the sound opening on the soundbomb. Might be think overkill, but your choice. You might also have the skill/time/materials or tools to do something more elegant.

Now remove the battery clamp and follow the diagram that came with the horn for the wiring.
I used a 15 amp fuse (didn't like the idea of a 30 amp) and it all works fine.
Tuck the relay up and out of the way using a cable tie to secure it. I was able to put it just behind the battery.
Make sure you have enough pos and ground cable to reach the compressor which will be just under the lower tank body panel, in the trellis frame.

Offer the compressor in (You might need to ease some existing cables out if the way) but don't secure it yet.
Now route the compressor hose and cable up to where the compressor will be and connect the pos and ground cables to it.
Test your horn button and make sure you've got a good tight grip on the compressor before you do.
It should whizz. If not, back up and check your wiring.
Connect the compressor hose after trimming it to the right length.
Secure the Compressor using as many cable ties as you see fit (I used 2 x 10mm).
Again, if you figure a more elegant solution, post it please so we can copy your genius.
I also put some pieces of rubber between the compressor and frame to protect both.

Now hit the horn button but make sure it's not early in the morning or late at night and that there is no-one nearby that has a heart condition ;o).

enjoy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.