Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Welcome aboard John!!!
Just what we need...Another old man on a sexy bad-ass bike!!!! I'm 59 by the way...

As far as riding tips go....if life past 100mph feels a little too rough and violent, you may want to consider the optional touring windscreen...I had the dealer intall mine upon delivery.
In my opinion, it's the most comfy/functional high speed upgrade that can be had for the Diavel.
Only two trade-offs I can find....Excessive wind noise it creates, not aesthetically pleasing vs. the tiny stock (totally useless) windscreen from the factory.

Enjoy your new ride, and get ready for the overwhelming stranger compliments!

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome John,
Watch out for LTS (Lazy Toe Syndrome), i.e. shift with authority!
The Ducati trans is far removed from that of a Jap bike and has been known to have some quirks (to say the least), but does improve substantially with mileage.
Having said that, you're getting a '12 model so depending on the mileage, you may not notice anything.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
John,
I'm in South Cumbria and am about to order a Diavel (Dark) from DMC in Preston, looking to get it mid March. I came of my Rocket III at Whitehaven in November and wrote it off & the Diavel ticks all the boxes for my next bike. Just finalised the insurance claim. We'll maybe have to meet up for a brew sometime in the next few months up the Lakes somewhere.
Best Wishes
Dave S

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Pining for the fjords" or if you are not old enough like me (60) to remember this, Cumbria !! Born and grew up in Hawkshead, lived and worked in Kendal / Barrow and Ulverston, Had mega drunken nights in Coniston / Ambleside / Windermere on the w/end and never lost a race, motorcycle or car from Coniston to Ulverston. Do I miss it ? Did the sun come up this morning? !!!! I,m so envious of you guys probably coz I can remember all the twists and turns of the Lake district, I covered every square mile many times. Ah, all memories now.. Moved to rural Alberta Canada in 1980 and can see 5 miles in every direction, dead straight. Not a great place to own a bike unless its a couch with wheels.. Oh well guys, hope you have a blast, I still make it over once every couple of years whilst heading to Mecca / Isle of Man, maybe our paths will cross one day.. Ride safe and watch for the "cragrats"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.