Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously looking at purchasing a new XDiavel Dark, I have no experience in owning a Duc but I am aware of the reputation for needing expensive maintenance. What should I know going in other that it seems to be a great bike that fits me, I can't take it for a test ride of course until spring but Im serious about it, went and sat on one today just to get the feel and it was awesome. Anything you can suggest or recommend will be appreciated! Thanks and Happy New Year! Also does anyone know if it starts with the use of a Key Fob on the Dark or is that only for the "S"?

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,547 Posts
Hi and Happy New year to you too.

The reputation of expensive maintenance are not the hole truth. I think many thinking about the Desmo-service ( need to be done every 30 000km ), that may be a bit expensive. Normally it's annual (/15 000km depents what come first) with oil change etc. Think that kind of cost with service are comparable too other brand. Desmo-service cost are approx 4 x cost of a annual service and depents of often you ride your bike. Example me: after 3 years, other maybe after 6-7-8 years with low mileage. Ducati are been reliable and ofcourse not comparable to the early 2000' models. Some issues with the 2016 modell are gone and history.

I think Xdiavel Dark area great choice. The most of The bike been Blacked out from the factory. And also a good start if you will do any moods.

S or non 'S', all have keyless start. The key fob will be in your pocket during the riding time.

Take your time and read/search in this forum. Lot of stuff been discussed. I find it more easy to navigate in this Forum compare to any Facebook groups

Reactions: Gutz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and Happy New year to you too.

The reputation of expensive maintenance are not the hole truth. I think many thinking about the Desmo-service ( need to be done every 30 000km ), that may be a bit expensive. Normally it's annual (/15 000km depents what come first) with oil change etc. Think that kind of cost with service are comparable too other brand. Desmo-service cost are approx 4 x cost of a annual service and depents of often you ride your bike. Example me: after 3 years, other maybe after 6-7-8 years with low mileage. Ducati are been reliable and ofcourse not comparable to the early 2000' models. Some issues with the 2016 modell are gone and history.

I think Xdiavel Dark area great choice. The most of The bike been Blacked out from the factory. And also a good start if you will do any moods.

S or non 'S', all have keyless start. The key fob will be in your pocket during the riding time.

Take your time and read/search in this forum. Lot of stuff been discussed. I find it more easy to navigate in this Forum compare to any Facebook groups
Thank you so much for your answer! I will for sure read the forum post. At the dealership, the employees couldn't seem to unlock the bike but I think they were new and were trying hard. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,547 Posts
If the bike are right out the box, do they put in the battery? Or have it run flat? . Left side covers for the passanger seat, the Keyless antenne are located. As you find in other post, try to held the key close and push the buttom.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forum !! Good luck with the purchase. I would think winter bike sales are few & far between in Minnesota. :)

I just got my XDiavel and love it after a couple thousand miles. I bought mine with 9K and just had the timing belts changed. That was about $1,000. Desmo service is every 18K miles, and that will be expensive. I can't yet speak from experience about other things, but if you ride much, you'll be changing tires when you get that annual service done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts