Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted Oxford heated grips? If so, which model code. Have there been any ECU issues as a result?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Actually, my plan is to try a set of $10 heated grip elements from Amazon and wire in a potentiometer like I did on my DRZ. My only problem is where to mount the potentiometer. Shouldn't be any ECU issues, but if the 12v accessory wires won't run it, I will just run it to the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just received the Bikemaster heated grips with digital switch/display in the mail today. I think that these are the same as the Oxford grips...just rebranded. Only two leads for power ( one for positive and one for ground). I'll tap the positive lead into the switched power lead on the bike provided for GPS use and attach the ground either to the motorcycle's frame or engine. Using the switched power supply will allow the grip's digital display to show the motorcycle's available voltage as well as choose from 5 heat levels. Now I just need a relatively nice day to do the install. It was 35° F with 40mph winds today...after installing a new windscreen today I called it quits! LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Installed the BikeMaster grips last night. Straightforward installation made very easy because the harness and connectors are very well planned. Hardest part was figuring where I wanted to tuck the wires and harness...well second hardest. Actually the hardest part was making a mount for the digital display/switch unit since the xDS doesn't have enough space in the 7/8 in section to accommodate the included mount. I tapped both positive and negative leads into the motorcycle's supplied navigation power supply (since it's a swirched lead). Everything works well and, as of yet, no codes or warning lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Navigation power lead is a capped wire lead tucked at the right front of the motorcycle. You will find it tucked into the frame near the coolant reservoir bottle. The lead is pretty much tucked behind the reservoir cap. It's clearly marked so you can't miss it. I've attached a photo with the lead pulled out for an easy view. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed that on Ducati webpage Xdiavel configurator, there's now an option to get Ducati heated grips with the bike.

So I called to my dealer and heard they are available in mid June (to be honest, the dealer didn't believe me and it took some time to convince him this option is now available). So, I've reserved one pair for me and plan to have it installed as soon as the dealer receives them.

Having used Oxfords in my previous bike, this is definitely
something I want for my brand new XDS (summer is short in Finland)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Liking idea of Ducati part fitment, guess its pricy as comes with new throttles ride by wire thingy to. Any fitted pictures or fitting guide?
That's all I could find on it. For sale a few other places. Some don't specify that it fits Xdiavel. Says plug and play. Probably a good way to go if you don't mind spending a little more. Im hoping someone has some experience to share with this product.

·
Registered
363 Posts
yea must be new like for later models it seems or same as offered on the multistrada maybe as an option. Hoping it just replaces the whole throttle grip assembly then the grey socket plugs in where mentioned and it be a case of neatly threading wires from each grip under the bars with other wires as it looks like those clips come undone!

Then is there a control box or does is it on the throttle bit lol, maybe need a trip to dealer to see on a multi!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah my concern as well. My bars are cluttered as it is. I don't want a separate control making matters worse. It would be really nice if the setting could show on the dash like some other bikes. Now I'm getting greedy lol.

·
Registered
363 Posts
one dealer reckons these are same for all the later bikes with ride by wire, and that i could fit and they activate like. One pic I saw on MS though had a switch on right side switch gear i guess where our launch control button is. No one seems to know though lol. Be amazing and worth price if turned on through the display some how!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Multistrada has the same buttons as the XD, but instead of the Launch Control button they have the heated grips button at the same spot

·
Registered
363 Posts
Another dealer assures me that via the update or link to grips they do, that the option for grips is added to menu and you turn on with 3 different heat setting via usual menu from left hand switch gear if this true it will look most neat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dealer gave me the same description: menu modification and no additional buttons. Delivery time however has been postponed to September the last time I asked.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Another dealer assures me that via the update or link to grips they do, that the option for grips is added to menu and you turn on with 3 different heat setting via usual menu from left hand switch gear if this true it will look most neat.
Nice! All of a sudden it doesn't seem like a bad deal at all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My dealer did say thought not listed on there info for xdiavel and Ducati catalogues etc often wrong, they are shown in the 2017 DP catalogue etc and if do a search for that part come up. Look to be same as multistrada, but i guess wires etc maybe shorter to suit xdiavel. Im going to give it a few weeks for it show up as an xdiavel option then order for winter.
Fit myself if can and get dealer to activate like.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts