Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all again!

I have klan gloves, a kind of heated gloves,

ducati dealer, connected (and I see them unsure) this gloves to the key sensor under seat, to the 15amp fuse.

is it correct? what are the other device connected to this fuse? can the heated gloves give problem to other device?

the consumption is

12v 19,2watt 1,6ah for heated socks
12v 24watt 2,0ah for heated gloves

can alternator support this?

and if yes, can I add an heated jacket of
12v 45watt 3,75ah
http://www.klansrl.com/catalogo/schede/K-V-HOT-0040.pdf

thanx all

·
Registered
305 Posts
I run Gerbings heated jacket liner and gloves off of the battery charger pigtail without any problems. Temps were in the mid 40's today and I had both gloves and jacket liner turned on for a nice warm ride. The battery charger pigtail is connected directly to my battery and has a built in fuse so no problems with the Canbus electrical wiring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry man but I ask about other problem, connect this heated clothes to the battery is not a problem, but it's a right thing connect them to the key sense under seat?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
If the dealer thinks it is ok, I would assume it is. I have always used a connection directly to the battery though. That is a bit tricky on this bike as the battery is in the belly. That makes routing it a bit difficult.

·
Registered
305 Posts
RLP, what connector do you use to connect the Gerbing's plug into the battery tender cable?
I bought a converter cable that has the Battery Tender connector on one end and the Gerbings connector on the other. I think they have them on the Gerbings site; Powerlet also has them on their site (SAE to coax female) for about $11(US).

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I bought a converter cable that has the Battery Tender connector on one end and the Gerbings connector on the other. I think they have them on the Gerbings site; Powerlet also has them on their site (SAE to coax female) for about $11(US).
Just ordered. Did you change out your fuse?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just ordered. Did you change out your fuse?
Yes, I changed out the fuse in the Battery Tender lead from the battery which has a built in fuse unit... I believe I changed it to a 10 amp fuse. The Gerbings product sheet tells you the draw for a jacket liner plus gloves when connected through their dual controller. I used the liner and gloves this week without any problems; they sure make a very cold day great for riding.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I changed out the fuse in the Battery Tender lead from the battery which has a built in fuse unit... I believe I changed it to a 10 amp fuse. The Gerbings product sheet tells you the draw for a jacket liner plus gloves when connected through their dual controller. I used the liner and gloves this week without any problems; they sure make a very cold day great for riding.
my dealer connect the cable to the diavel "key on" fusee under seat, after 2000km all is ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts